With hundreds of images, step-by-step procedures, and a practical clinical emphasis, Small Animal Internal Medicine, 6th Edition offers the foundation and tools you need to properly recognize, diagnose, and treat small animals with common internal conditions. Each section of the text takes a problem-oriented approach that begins with a discussion of clinical signs, diagnostic recommendations, and techniques; and then moves to therapeutic considerations and management. This edition also includes two all-new chapters (neonatology and the effects of specific heart diseases respectively) as well as extensive updates throughout covering new advancements, techniques, and evolving best practices in the field of small animal internal medicine. And with access to the new online Expert Consult, you will have the 360-degree support you need to solve virtually any internal medical challenge.
- Problem-oriented approach utilized in each section begins with a discussion of clinical signs, diagnostic recommendations, and techniques; and then moves to therapeutic considerations and management.
- Step-by-step procedures provide an easy-to-follow description of proper technique.
- Current drug and treatment tables ensure you are referencing the most up-to-date recommended dosages and indications.
- More than 900 full-color photographs and illustrations provide vivid depictions of specific disorders, diseases, and procedures.
- Color-coded summary tables and boxes make it quick and easy to look up clinical signs, etiology, differential diagnoses, treatment, and recommended drug dosages and indications.
- Expert authors and contributors are well-known for their clinical, academic, and research expertise.
- Practical algorithms promote decision-making skills based on clinical findings.
- Extensive cross-referencing makes it easy to locate related information.
- Suggested readings at the end of each chapter direct you on where to go for the latest research findings.
- NEW! Expert Consult site includes over 30 video clips covering physical examinations as well as diagnostic and therapeutic techniques like the neurologic exam.
- NEW! Two new chapters detail two key emerging areas within small animal medicine: neonatology and the effects of specific heart diseases.
- NEW! Extensive updates throughout the text keep you informed of changes and evolutions in the field, specifically in the areas of: ultrasound; probiotics; obesity; feline radiation therapy; feline diabetes; feline hyperthyroidism; canine influenza; canine Cushing’s disease; orphan puppy and kitten considerations; seizure treatments; spinal cord disorders; hematology and oncology; plus new diseases, diagnostics, and therapeutics that affect small animal medicine overall.
One Cardiovascular System Disorders
Two Respiratory System Disorders
Three Digestive System Disorders
Four Hepatobiliary and Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders
Five Urinary Tract Disorders
Six Endocrine Disorders
Seven Metabolic and Electrolyte Disorders
Eight Reproductive System Disorders
Nine Nervous System and Neuromuscular Disorders
Ten Joint Disorders
Eleven Immune-Mediated Disorders
Fourteen Infectious Diseases
۱. Video 1.1 Tips for Cardiac Auscultation
۲. Video 2.1 Attaching a Holter Monitor
۳. Video 2.2 Smartphone-Based ECG Recording
۴. Video 2.3 Introduction to Some Basic Echocardiographic Views
۵. Video 11.1 Blood Pressure Measurement Using the Doppler Method
۶. Video 13.1 Reverse Sneeze
۷. Video 16.1 Laryngeal Paralysis
۸. Video 19.1 Cat Cough
۹. Video 21.1 Canine Bronchitis – Bronchoscopy
۱۰. Video 21.2 Tracheobronchomalacia (Tracheal Collapse) in Dogs
۱۱. Video 26.1 Cat with Severe Esophageal Weakness
۱۲. Video 27.1 Colonoscopy in a Dog with Severe Colitis
۱۳. Video 27.2 Colonoscopy on a Dog with Lymphosarcomatous Infltrates in the Mucosa
۱۴. Video 27.3 Colonoscopy Performed in a Cat
۱۵. Video 29.1 Esophagoscopy of a Dog with Severe,
۱۶. Video 29.2 Barium Contrast Fluoroscopic
۱۷. Video 29.3 Barium Contrast Fluoroscopic Examination of the Lower Esophageal Region
۱۸. Video 29.4 Foley Catheter Used to Retrieve a Foreign Body in the Esophagus
۱۹. Video 29.5 Esophagoscopy in a Dog with a Chronic, Benign Stricture 30 Disorders of the Stomach
۲۰. Video 30.1 Endoscopic Examination that Begins in the Duodenum.
۵۵. Video 58.1 General Proprioceptive Ataxia in a Great Dane
۵۶. Video 58.2 Vestibular Ataxia in a Golden Retriever with Geriatric Canine Vestibular Disease
۵۷. Video 58.3 Cerebellar Ataxia in an Adult Cat with Cerebellar Hypoplasia
۵۸. Video 58.4 Postural Reaction Testing
۵۹. Video 58.5 Spinal Manipulation and Palpation
۶۰. Video 58.6 Rapid Regional Cranial Nerve Examination
۶۱. Video 59.1 Cisternal Collection of Cerebrospinal Fluid
۶۲. Video 68.1 Collection of Synovial Fluid from the Radiocarpal Joint
۶۳. Video 70.1 Canine Blood Donation
۶۴. Video 70.2 Canine Joint Tap
۶۵. Video 70.3 Feline Blood Typing
۶۶. Video 70.4 Canine Slide Agglutination Test
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=166310
نویسنده : Richard W. Nelson DVM
ناشر : Elsevier; 6th Edition
سال انتشار : 2020
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : MP4 + PDF (کیفیت اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 1608
(ISBN) شابک : 0323570143
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $213.92
حجم فایل : 1300 MB