The Eye: Basic Sciences in Practice provides highly accessible, one-stop coverage of all the essential basic science required by today’s ophthalmologists and optometrists in training. It is also core reading for those embarking on a career in visual and ophthalmic science, as well as an invaluable, current refresher for the range of practitioners working in this area.
Building on previous success, this fifth edition has been fully revised in line with current curricula, key research developments and clinical best practice. It succinctly incorporates critical developments in fast-moving fields related to the eye and vision, including genetics, pharmacology, microbiology, immunology, pathology, neurophysiology, neuroanatomy and imaging. Topical coverage includes:
- Major advances in the search for new genes underpinning disease in ophthalmology
- The emergence of new infections such as Ebola, Zika and COVID-19
- The importance of the gastrointestinal tract as an immune organ and its functional dependence on the microbiome
- Key aspects of melanopsin, melatonin and new ways of light sensing
Also, (print purchasers) benefit from access to the complete, fully searchable electronic text, with integrated video and other bonus materials to further explain and expand on key concepts. This combines to make The Eye a more flexible, comprehensive and engaging learning package than ever before.
- The only all-embracing textbook of the basic sciences suitable for trainee ophthalmologists, optometrists and vision scientists.
- Utilising an attractive page design with over 300 colour drawings and 200 photographs this is an attractive and accessible text to learn from.
- The text presents in a readable form an account of all the basic sciences necessary for an understanding of the eye – anatomy, embryology, genetics, biochemistry, physiology, pharmacology, immunology, microbiology and infection and pathology.
۱. Anatomy of the eye and orbit
۲. Embryology and early development of the eye and adnexa
۴. Biochemistry and cell biology
۵. Physiology of vision and the visual system
۶. General and ocular pharmacology
۸. Microbial infections of the eye
۱. Skull osteology: norma frontalis
۲. Skull osteology: norma lateralis
۳. The orbit: osteology
۴. Paranasal sinuses
۵. The development of the eye
۶. Early embryology
۷. Development of the head and neck
۸. Development of the face
۹. The extracellular matrix, the eye and the myofibroblast
۱۰. Organisation of retinal microcircuitry
۱۱. Innate immunity is more effective in protecting us from organisms than adaptive immunity
۱۲. A diabetic eye
۱۳. Malignant melanoma
۱۴. Orbital lymphoma
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=263067
نویسنده : John V. Forrester MBChB MD FRCS
ناشر : Elsevier; 5th edition
سال انتشار : 2021
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : MP4 + PDF (کیفیت اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 691 به همراه کانتنت و ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 0702079936
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $99.89
حجم فایل : 1000 MB