This popular guide to the examination and interpretation of chest radiographs is an invaluable aid for medical students, junior doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and radiographers. Translated into over a dozen languages, this book has been widely praised for making interpretation of the chest X-ray as simple as possible
The chest X-ray is often central to the diagnosis and management of a patient. As a result every doctor requires a thorough understanding of the common radiological problems. This pocketbook describes the range of conditions likely to be encountered on the wards and guides the reader through the diagnostic process based on the appearance of the abnormality shown.
• Covers the full range of common radiological problems
• Includes valuable advice on how to examine an X-ray
• Assists the doctor in determining the nature of the abnormality
• Points the clinician towards a possible differential diagnosis.
- A larger page size allows for larger and clearer illustrations.
- A new chapter on the sick patient covers the patient on ITU and the appearance of lines and tubes.
- There is extended use of CT imaging with advice on choosing modalities depending on the clinical circumstances.
- A new section of chest x-ray problems incorporates particularly challenging case histories.
- The international relevance of the text has been expanded with additional text and images.
“This is an excellent resource for medical students and first year radiology residents. A very appealing feature is the self-assessment chapter at the end of the book. This is of great potential benefit for residency programs to test their junior residents’ knowledge. The web-based full-text version and the small print version make this a very desirable pocket companion for medical students on rounds.”
-Tara Catanzano, MD (Baystate Medical Center) Doody’s Score: 92 – 4 Stars!
This book is both instructive and a delight to read. How does it compare with similar books? There are no similar books. It is unique. Those who read and use this carefully written and illustrated book will emerge wiser and more skillful at interpreting one of the most interesting and most useful investigations at our disposal. I believe that the reader of this book will enjoy getting to grips with the chest X-ray and, in the process, become a better practitioner. This book is good value and would be useful for medical students, junior doctors, clinical nurses, physiotherapists and all those practitioners in primary care.
۱ How To Look At A Chest X-Ray
۲ Localising Lesions
۳ The Ct Scan
۴ The White Lung Field
۵ The Black Lung Field
۶ The Abnormal Hilum
۷ The Abnormal Heart Shadow
۸ The Widened Mediastinum
۹ Abnormal Ribs
۱۰ Abnormal Soft Tissues
۱۱ The Sick Patient
۱۲ The Hidden Abnormality
۱۳ The Chest X-Ray Quiz
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=77304
نویسنده : Jonathan Corne MA PhD MB BS FRCP
ناشر : Elsevier; 4 edition
سال انتشار : 2016
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 185
(ISBN) شابک : 0702054992
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $35.30
حجم فایل : 30 MB