This how-to guide presents today’s most complete coverage of performing, interpreting, and reporting post-mortem examinations. In addition to discussing the basics of the specialty, this lasting and useful reference features information on the performance of specialized autopsy procedures. The material is divided into two sections for ease of use: a manual covering specific autopsy procedures, biosafety, generation of autopsy reports, preparation of death certificates, and other essential subjects; and an atlas, organized by organ system, that captures the appearance of the complete spectrum of autopsy findings. The updated second edition features a new chapter on the popular topic of forensic pathology and the Expert Consult functionality allows you to access the entire contents of the book online.
- Focuses on hospital autopsy, while also providing a brief introduction to forensic autopsy.
- Examines autopsy photography and radiology, microscopic examination, supplemental laboratory studies, and other investigative approaches.
- Includes a chapter on performing special dissection procedures that are usually not covered during a typical residency.
- Presents over 590 full-color photographs depicting common gross and microscopic autopsy findings for every part of the body.
- Correlates pathologic findings with their clinical causes to enhance diagnostic accuracy.
- Covers the hot topic of forensic pathology in a new chapter introducing the subspecialty.
- Addresses the latest legal, social, and ethical issues as well as quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Features improved images in the Atlas section to give an even more useful visual reference.
- Allows you to access the entire contents of the book online, from any internet connection through Expert Consult.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
This book is well presented and works as a general overview of autopsy practice. This is a good value text for trainee pathologists and mortuary staff. ACP News – Autumn 2004 –This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Professor, Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, Director, Autopsy Service, Moffitt-Long Hospital, San Francisco, California
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=12564
نویسنده : Walter E. Finkbeiner MD PhD , Andrew J Connolly
ناشر : Saunders; 2 edition
سال انتشار : 2009
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 441
(ISBN) شابک : 1416054537
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $299.00
حجم فایل : 17 MB