Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Allergy and Clinical Immunology will provide trainees in allergy and immunology with an extremely clinical and accessible handbook covering the major disorders and symptoms, their diagnosis and clinical management.
Perfect as a point-of-care resource on the hospital wards and also as a refresher for board exam preparation, the focus throughout is on providing rapid reference, essential information on each disorder to allow for quick, easy browsing and assimilation of the must-know information. All chapters follow a consistent template including the following features:
– An opening bottom-line/key points section
– Classification, pathogenesis and prevention of disorder
– Evidence-based diagnosis, including relevant algorithms, laboratory and imaging tests, and potential pitfalls when diagnosing a patient
– Disease management including commonly used medications with dosages, management algorithms and how to prevent complications
– How to manage special populations, ie, in pregnancy, children and the elderly
– The very latest evidence-based results, major society guidelines and key external sources to consult
In addition, the book comes with a companion website housing extra features such as case studies with related questions for self-assessment, key patient advice and ICD codes. Each guide also has its own mobile app available for purchase, allowing you rapid access to the key features wherever you may be.
If you’re specialising in allergy and immunology and require concise, practical and clinical guidance from one of the world’s leading institutions in this field, then this is the perfect book for you.
From the Back Cover
The Mount Sinai Expert Guides provide quick access to point-of-care specialist clinical information for physicians across a range of therapeutic areas.
For each specialty area, the guides emphasize:
• Common pitfalls in diagnosis and management
• How to prevent complications
• Diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Key scientific trials
• Evidence-based clinical content
• Major society guidelines in order to summarize the very latest in diagnosis and management of diseases and related symptoms.
Edited by renowned specialists from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, key faculty members provide the content for all chapters. To ensure consistency within each book and the series as a whole, chapters follow a unified structure throughout.
Bonus features such as online case studies with related questions for self-assessment, key patient advice, and ICD codes are provided via the series companion website.
Each guide also has its own mobile app available for purchase, allowing you rapid access to the key features wherever you may be.
About the Author
Hugh A. Sampson, MD
Kurt Hirschhorn Professor of Pediatrics
Dean for Translational Biomedical Sciences. Director, Elliot and Roslyn Jaffe Food Allergy Institute Division of Allergy/Immunology; Department of Pediatrics, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA
Scott L. Friedman MD, Fishberg Professor of Medicine, Dean for Therapeutic Discovery, Chief, Division of Liver Diseases, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=8716
نویسنده : Hugh A. Sampson
ناشر : Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition
سال انتشار : 2015
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 480
(ISBN) شابک : 1118609166
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $84.77
حجم فایل : 6 MB