Pulmonary embolism (PE) is the third most common acute cardiovascular disease after acute myocardial infarction and stroke. This fully updated third edition supplies the latest information on epidemiology, methods of diagnosis, preferred diagnostic pathways, new medications including the new anticoagulants, and new recommendations for prophylaxis and treatment of pulmonary embolism and its immediate cause, deep vein thrombosis.
- An essential and comprehensive resource for physicians and allied professionals in the field of this difficult-to-diagnose and life threatening condition
- Highly illustrated with numerous tables and graphs alongside clear concise text
- Includes chapters addressing pulmonary embolism (PE) and deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in relation to diseases and disorders such as; chronic heart failure, cancer, diabetes, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and many more
- Discusses the role the different tools in imaging for PE, including, echocardiography, multidetector computed tomography (CT), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), ventilation-perfusion (V-Q) imaging, dual energy CT, and magnetic resonance angiography
- Contains 29 new chapters and includes new content on epidemiology of deep venous thrombosis; use of the new anticoagulants (dabigatran, rivaroxaban, and apixaban) for DVT and PE; indications and results with thrombolytic therapy and with vena cava filters; and information and indications for invasive mechanical thrombectomy
- Written by an internationally recognized and respected expert in the field
This book is a dependable and well referenced resource for in-depth information about pulmonary embolism (PE) and deep venous thrombosis (DVT).
Praise for previous editions
“I would recommend this book to all physicians looking after patients with venous thromboembolism … .The single author style has the advantage of a consistent format and lack of repetition, and the book is very well written.” (Cardiology News, December 2008)
“Paul Stein … has used his vast knowledge and perspective to organize [t]his definitive text … .In this long-awaited second edition he builds on the knowledge base regarding this common and yet often misdiagnosed condition. This text fills a gap in the knowledge-base of the physician, nurse, or therapist who cares for patients with pulmonary embolism. By using a clear and organized format with many graphs and diagrams, Stein provides detailed information beyond the scope of an online review, but in a readily searchable and easily accessible format. Stein does a nice job of explaining the challenges of using intermediate end points in the assessment of efficacy. Stein is clearly one of the world’s experts, and this far-reaching volume is a pleasure to read.” (Respiratory Care, September 2008)
“This textbook is cohesive, tightly organized, and has no repetition…. It is beautifully illustrated…[and] is my ‘go to’ source for rapid reference.” (Journal of Interventional Cardiology)
“An excellent contribution to the relevant contemporary literature…. I enjoyed reading the book and recommend it to my colleagues.” (World Journal of Surgery)
About the Author
Paul D. Stein MD,Professor of Osteopathic Medical Specialties, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA.
Dr. Stein’s major research in recent years has been in the field of venous thromboembolism. Dr. Stein initiated the PIOPED II and PIOPED III national collaborative studies and was national principal investigator and chairperson of the steering committees. He has written over 240 articles on venous thromboembolism from among over 560 peer reviewed articles. Dr Stein is a past president of the Laennec Society and of the American College of Chest Physicians. He is Fellow of the American College of Physicians and the American College of Cardiology and a Master Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians. He is also a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Fellowship is reserved for those who have made a significant contribution to the field of mechanical engineering. He received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Heart Association Midwest Affiliate, the Laureate Award of the American College of Physicians, Michigan Chapter, the Daniel Drake Award from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, and the Research Excellence Award from the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Stein also wrote a book, A Physical and Physiological Basis for the Interpretation of Cardiac Auscultation: Evaluations Based Primarily on Second Sound and Ejection Murmurs.
Part I Prevalence, risks, and prognosis of pulmonary embolism and deep venous thrombosis
Part II Diagnosis of deep venous thrombosis
Part III Diagnosis of acute pulmonary embolism
Part IV Prevention and treatment of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=57973
نویسنده : Paul D. Stein
ناشر : Wiley-Blackwell; 3 edition
سال انتشار : 2016
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 688
(ISBN) شابک : 1119039088
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $124.99
حجم فایل : $124.99