Acquired Language Disorders: A Case-Based Approach, Third Edition, is a practical, easy-to-follow, informative guide for students and clinicians. The authors present each case from an impairment-based perspective with practical applications for improving activities of daily living, as well as a socially interactive perspective to create a wholistic picture of each case. For people with aphasia, clinicians are encouraged to consider not only language but also executive functions, attention, memory, and visuospatial skills. This edition begins with a review of the basics of brain-behavior relationships and pertinent medical terminology for treating individuals who have a neurological impairment. Each disorder is then introduced in a case-based format that includes a case scenario with a photo, functional analysis of the patient, critical thinking/learning activities, a diagnostic profile, the new Target Assessment Snapshot, treatment considerations, and a Venn diagram of the A-FROM Model with patient goals for each case. Special features include “Test Your Knowledge” sections based on 10 patient scenarios along with an answer key, a Quick Reference Diagnostic Chart for ALDs, and a Functional Communication Connections worksheet for treatment planning purposes.
New to the Third Edition
- The 15 clinical cases include new photos along with the Target Assessment Snapshot depicting level of severity for expression, comprehension, reading, and writing and areas of cognitive impairment. A new case includes a bilingual person with aphasia.
- All chapters have been updated with relevant research.
- An A-FROM model graphic for each patient’s treatment goals is included.
- There is a new Assessment Summary Sheet to help the clinician with the development of a diagnostic profile.
- The chapter on assessment is updated and new assessments are added, including the Assessment of Living with Aphasia (ALA) and the Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status (R-BANS), the Progressive Aphasia Severity Scale (PASS), and more.
- Chapter 10 includes more than 25 treatment approaches and therapeutic programs.
- The chapter on assessment and service delivery for people with ALD includes discussions of the ICF and the A-FROM Model.
- The PowerPoint lecture slides to augment the text are now accessible on a PluralPlus companion website.
Chapter 1. An Overview of Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology Related to Acquired Language Disorders (ALD)
Chapter 2. Assessment and Service Delivery in Acquired Language Disorders
Chapter 3. The Major Nonfluent Aphasias
Chapter 4. The Fluent Aphasias
Chapter 5. Other Aphasic Syndromes
Chapter 6. Right Hemisphere Disorder
Chapter 7. Traumatic Brain Injury
Chapter 8. Dementia
Chapter 9. Encephalopathy
Chapter 10. Selected Treatment Programs and Approaches
Appendix A. Case History Form
Appendix B. Seven Domains Assessment Summary Sheet
Appendix C. Cognitive-Linguistic Evaluation
Appendix D. T he World Health Organization and the International Classification of Functioningr Disability,, and Health
Appendix E. T he Octagon Worksheet for Functional Communication
Appendix F. Test Your Knowledge
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=160049
نویسنده : Evelyn R. Klein
ناشر : Plural Publishing, Inc.; 3 edition
سال انتشار : 2021
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 348
(ISBN) شابک : 1635500974
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $109.95
حجم فایل : 10 MB