Comprehensive and practical guide presenting a roadmap for safety assessment as an integral part of the development of drugs and therapeutics
This fourth edition of Drug Safety Evaluation maintains the central objective of presenting an all-inclusive practical guide for those who are responsible for ensuring the safety of drugs and biologics to patients, healthcare providers, those involved in the manufacture of medicinal products, and all those who need to understand how the safety of these products is evaluated and shepherding valuable candidates to market.
Individual chapters address specific approaches to evaluation hazards, including problems that are encountered and their solutions. Also covered are the scientific and philosophical bases for evaluation of specific concerns (e.g., carcinogenicity, development toxicity, etc.) to provide both understanding and guidance for approaching the new problems that have come to face both our society and the new challenges they brought.
The many changes in regulatory requirements, pharmaceutical development, technology, and the effects of Covid on our society and science have required both extensive revision to every chapter and the addition of four new chapters.
Specific sample topics covered in Drug Safety Evaluation include:
- The drug development process and the global pharmaceutical marketplace and regulation of human pharmaceutical safety
- Sources of information for consideration in study and program design and in safety evaluation
- Electronic records, reporting and submission, screens in safety and hazard assessment, and formulations, routes, and dosage regimens
- Mechanisms and endpoints of drug toxicity, pilot toxicity testing in drug safety evaluation, and repeat dose toxicity
- Genotoxicity, QSAR tools for drug safety, toxicogenomics, nonrodent animal studies, and developmental and reproductive toxicity testing
- An appendix which provides an up to date guide to CROs for conducting studies
Drug Safety Evaluation was written specifically for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, including scientists, consultants, and academics, to show a utilitarian yet scientifically valid path to the everyday challenges of safety evaluation and the problem solving that is required in drug discovery and development.
About the Author
Shayne Cox Gad, PhD, DABT is the Principal of Gad Consulting Services. He has more than 47 years of experience as a toxicologist, statistical consultant, manager, and consultant on research and development in the chemical, consumer product, contract testing, biotechnology, medical device, and pharmaceutical industries. He has successfully file 138 INDs and authored and edited 52 books, as well as numerous papers, presentations, and other publications.
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=327148
نویسنده : Shayne Cox Gad
ناشر : Wiley; 4th edition
سال انتشار : 2023
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 964
(ISBN) شابک : 1119755859
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $313.99
حجم فایل : 19 MB