دانلود کتاب ارزیابی و مدیریت شکاف لب و کام
Evaluation and Management of Cleft Lip and Palate, 1ed
Why adopt this textbook:
- Provides a developmental focus that provides a better understanding of the nature of craniofacial problems and the timetable for management and treatment
- Covers material in a data-driven and evidenced based format, blending scholarly and clinical information
- Well-illustrated in full color with 200+ clear colored pictures many of which are actual structures and people rather than line drawings including pre- and post-treatment results
- Presents the role of the speech-language pathologist in all aspects of care (i.e., before and after surgery from infancy to adulthood)
- Emphasizes oral conditions (dental and occlusal) that impact speech in the school-aged child
Compared with other textbooks this book covers:
- An entire chapter devoted to adults with cleft lip and palate underscoring quality of life
- An entire chapter on the school-aged child
- A detailed chapter devoted to alveolar bone graft with detailed photo illustration and discussion of treatment outcome
- Detailed chapter on maxillary advancement with detailed photos, discussion of treatment outcomes related to speech, airway, and hearing
- Presentation of surgical treatment based on development age
- Chapter on hearing offers a practical approach to ear problems and hearing loss associated with cleft and craniofacial anomalies, and provides a summary of hearing tests that should be familiar to the reader and suggestions about counseling families
- Chapters on Speech Characteristics and Assessment are written from a speech science perspective and evidence-based
Supplementary materials on a PluralPlus companion website include:
- Accompanying workbook with multiple choice questions and critical analysis questions with guided answers to ensure appropriate understanding of the material
- High quality audio clips with histories
This graduate-level text targets speech-language pathology students, as well as audiology students, medical students, and graduate students studying communication disorders.
Purchasers of this book receive complimentary access to supplementary materials hosted on a PluralPlus companion website.
To access the materials, log in to the website using the URL and Access Code located inside the front cover of your copy of Evaluation and Management of Cleft Lip and Palate: A Developmental Perspective.
*Note Regarding Access to Supplementary Content Online: This book comes with related materials hosted on a PluralPlus companion website. If you purchase or rent a used copy of the printed book, the code to access the website printed inside the book may have been previously redeemed/used or be incorrect and you will NOT be able to use it. To guarantee access to the supplementary materials on the website, it is recommended you purchase a new/unsused copy of this book directly from Amazon or the publisher, Plural Publishing, Inc. If you purchase from other resellers, check with the reseller regarding the validity of the access code before completing your purchase. The publisher will not replace inactive access codes to customers renting or purchasing used books from Amazon or via other resellers.
I’m a licensed SLP who has been practicing for 13 years. I also have a son who was born with a complete cleft of the hard and soft palate. There is no single text that offers such a comprehensive look at cleft lip and palate. The photographs offer some of the clearest pictures I have ever seen of the anatomy, development, devices and surgical repair techniques and in turn, these photographs enhance understanding in here areas.
Chapter 10 (school based intervention) should be mandatory study for any SLP wanting to work in schools. It offers guidelines for treatment based functional assessment techniques of a child with a cleft. It is clear and concise while simultaneously providing a plethora of information.
Lastly, the chapter on speech and resonance characteristics offers an unbelievable compilation of information. The tables summarize large amounts of information into very readable format. I wish this text had been available when I was in school. I’ve been looking for a text like this for the last 7 years and finally, I feel like I have the information that I’ve been looking for. —-Jacqueline Robins, Msc., CCC-SLP
About the Author
David J. Zajac, PhD, CCC-SLP, is professor in the Department of Dental Ecology, School of Dentistry, and adjunct in the Division of Speech and Hearing Sciences, Department of Allied Health Sciences, School of Medicine at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He also serves as director of speech-language pathology in the Craniofacial Center.
Linda D. Vallino, PhD, CCC-SLP/A, is head of the Craniofacial Outcomes Research Laboratory and Senior Speech Scientist at the Center for Pediatric Auditory and Speech Sciences at Nemours/Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children, where she also serves on the Cleft Palate/Craniofacial Team. She is professor of pediatrics at The Sidney Kimmel Medical College-Thomas Jefferson University, and adjunct associate professor in the Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Sciences at the University of Delaware.
۱ Orofacial and Velopharyngeal Structure and Function
۲ Clefts of the Lip and Palate
۳ Syndromes and Associated Anomalies
۴ Feeding the Newborn
۵ Presurgical and Surgical Management
۶ Flearing and Otologic Management
۷ Early Linguistic Development and Intervention
۸ Speech and Resonance Characteristics
۹ Assessment of Speech and Velopharyngeal Function
۱۰ School-Based Intervention
۱۱ Secondary Management of Velopharyngeal Inadequacy
۱۲ Alveolar Cleft Repair
۱۳ Maxillary Advancement
۱۴ The Adult With Cleft Lip and Palate
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=44464
نویسنده : David J. Zajac , Linda Vallino
ناشر : Plural Publishing Inc; 1 edition
سال انتشار : 2017
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 432
(ISBN) شابک : 1597565512
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $97.76
حجم فایل : 21 MB