For many, the language of medicine and healthcare can be confusing, and frequently presents the greatest challenge to students – this guide was designed to help you overcome this problem with ease! Packed with ideas, study materials, quizzes, mind maps, and games to help you retain the information, Medical Terminology For Dummies quickly gets you up to speed on medical prefixes, suffixes, and root words so you’ll approach even unfamiliar medical terms with confidence and ease.
- Bone up on words that describe and are related to the body’s systems
- Correctly pronounce and understand the meanings of medical terms
- Find tricks and study tips for memorizing words
- Build your knowledge with helpful word-building activities
If you’re working toward a certification or degree in a medical or healthcare field, or if you’re already on the job, Medical Terminology For Dummies is the fast and easy way to learn the lingo.
From the Back Cover
- Deconstruct and identify prefix, root, and suffix origins
- Understand word foundations and origins
- Communicate like a healthcare professional
Don’t know a carcinoma from a hematoma? No worries!
This friendly guide shows you how the easiest way to remember unfamiliar, tongue-twisting words is to learn their parts: the prefix, root, and suffix. Loaded with helpful tips, it breaks down the words you’ll encounter in your medical terminology course and helps you master definitions, pronunciations, and applications across all medical fields.
- Say what? — discover how easy it is to approach medical terminology by way of linguistics to break down words and quickly make sense of their meaning
- The anatomy of things — bone up your understanding of terminology in the skeletal system, get ripped with the muscular system, and deepen your understanding of the skin and sensory systems
- Let’s get physiological — find tips on grasping the puzzling terms associated with cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, endocrine, and nervous systems
- When you gotta go — take advantage of easy-to-understand guidance on the stumping terms you may encounter in the urinary and male/female reproductive systems
Open the book and find:
- Everything you need to scrub into medical terminology
- The big three that make medical terminology a breeze: prefixes, roots, and suffixes
- Easy-to-remember tips for mastering every part of the body
- Essential medical terminology resources to keep on your tool belt
- Mnemonic devices you don’t want to be without
- Useful study references worth checking out
About the Author
Beverley Henderson, CMT-R, HRT, has more than 40 years’ experience in medical terminology and transcription. She developed course curricula and helped write and produce a series of medical terminology teaching videos. Jennifer Lee Dorsey has been a writer and editor for 18 years.
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=3226
نویسنده : Beverley Henderson
ناشر : For Dummies; 2 edition
سال انتشار : 2015
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 384
(ISBN) شابک : 1118944046
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $17.97
حجم فایل : 4 MB
شما هم می توانید دیدگاه خود را ثبت کنید
- کامل کردن گزینه های ستاره دار (*) الزامی است
- آدرس پست الکترونیکی شما محفوظ بوده و نمایش داده نخواهد شد