Basic Principles of Drug Discovery and Development presents the multifaceted process of identifying a new drug in the modern era, providing comprehensive explanations of enabling technologies such as high throughput screening, structure based drug design, molecular modeling, pharmaceutical profiling, and translational medicine, all areas that have become critical steps in the successful development of marketable therapeutics.
The text introduces the fundamental principles of drug discovery and development, also discussing important drug targets by class, in vitro screening methods, medicinal chemistry strategies in drug design, principles in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, animal models of disease states, clinical trial basics, and selected business aspects of the drug discovery process. It is designed to enable new scientists to rapidly understand the key fundamentals of drug discovery, including pharmacokinetics, toxicology, and intellectual property.”
- Provides a clear explanation of how the pharmaceutical industry works
- Explains the complete drug discovery process, from obtaining a lead, to testing the bioactivity, to producing the drug, and protecting the intellectual propertyIdeal for anyone interested in learning about the drug discovery process and those contemplating careers in the industry
- Explains the transition process from academia or other industries
From the Back Cover
Basic Principles of Drug Discovery and Development clearly explains the fundamental principles of the drug discovery and development process from a multidisciplinary approach. This text is ideal for readers interested in a career in the pharmaceuticals industry or nonscientists seeking an understanding of how drugs reach the marketplace. This book explains the multifaceted process of identifying new therapeutic agents in the modern era and describes the input required from a host of experts such as medicinal chemists, biologists, pharmacologists, drug metabolism experts, toxicologists, and clinicians.
Given the wide range of disciplines and techniques required for cutting-edge drug discovery research, it is important that scientists have a mastery of not only their own field, but also an understanding of their collaborators’ fields. In order to provide readers with an understanding of a wide range of fields, this book describes enabling technologies for a variety of disciplines that are critical to the process. High throughput screening, structure-based drug design, molecular modeling, pharmaceutical profiling, translational medicine, and many other scientific methods that have become critical to the successful development of marketable therapeutics are described.
Beginning with an historical overview of drug discovery, this book educates the reader about important drug targets by class, in vitro screening methods, medicinal chemistry strategies in drug design, principles in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, animal models of disease states, clinical trial basics, and selected business aspects of the drug discovery process.
- Provides an introduction to the drug discovery process from obtaining a lead, to testing the bioactivity, to producing the drug, and protecting the intellectual property
- Written for anyone looking to learn about or thinking of entering the pharmaceutical industry
- Simply and succinctly presents how the pharmaceutical industry works
About the Author
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=11088
نویسنده : Benjamin Blass
ناشر : Academic Press; 1 edition
سال انتشار : 2015
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 580
(ISBN) شابک : 012411508X
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $95.50
حجم فایل : 7 MB