Learn the principles and skills you’ll need as a respiratory therapist! Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 12th Edition provides a solid foundation in respiratory care and covers the latest advances in this ever-changing field. Known as “the bible for respiratory care,” this text makes it easy to understand the role of the respiratory therapist, the scientific basis for treatment, and clinical applications. Comprehensive chapters correlate to the 2020 NBRC Exam matrices, preparing you for clinical and exam success. Written by noted educators Robert Kacmarek, James Stoller, and Albert Heuer, this edition includes new chapters on heart failure as well as ethics and end-of-life care, plus the latest AARC practice guidelines.
- Updated content reflects the newest advances in respiratory care, preparing you to succeed in today’s health care environment.
- UNIQUE! Mini-Clinisprovide case scenarioschallenging you to use critical thinking in solving problems encountered during actual patient care.
- Decision trees developed by hospitals highlight the use of therapist-driven protocols to assess a patient, initiate care, and evaluate outcomes.
- Rules of Thumbhighlight rules, formulas, and key points that are important to clinical practice.
- Learning objectives align with the summary checklists, highlighting key content at the beginning and at the end of each chapter, and parallel the three areas tested on the 2020 NBRC Exam matrices.
- Learning resources on the Evolve companion website include an NBRC correlation guide, image collection, lecture notes, Body Spectrum electronic anatomy coloring book, and an English/Spanish glossary.
- Student workbook provides a practical study guide reflecting this edition of the text, offering numerous case studies, experiments, and hands-on activities. Available separately.
- Full-color design calls attention to the text’s special features and promotes learning.
- Glossary includes key terms and definitions needed for learning concepts.
- NEW Heart Failure chapter covers the disease that is the most frequent cause of unscheduled hospital admissions.
- NEW Ethics and End-of-Life Care chapter explains related issues and how to help patients and their families.
- NEW! Improved readability makes the text easier to read and concepts easier to understand.
- NEW! Updated practice guidelines from the AARC (American Association for Respiratory Care) are included within the relevant chapters.
- NEW! Updated chapters include topics such as arterial lines, stroke, ACLS, PALS, hemodynamics, polysomnography, waveform interpretation, and laryngectomy.
- NEW! Streamlined format eliminates redundancy and complex verbiage.
Learn the principles and skills you’ll need as a respiratory therapist
۱. History of Respiratory Care
۲. The Profession of Respiratory Care
۳. Quality, Patient Safety, and Communication, and Recordkeeping
۴. Principles of Infection Prevention and Control
۵. Ethical and Legal Implications of Practice
۶. Physical Principles of Respiratory Care
۷. E-Medicine in Respiratory Care
۸. Fundamentals of Respiratory Care Research
۹. The Respiratory System
۱۰. The Cardiovascular System
۱۲. Gas Exchange and Transport
۱۳. Solutions, Body Fluids, and Electrolytes
۱۴. Acid-Base Balance
۱۵. Regulation of Breathing
۱۶. Bedside Assessment of the Patient
۱۷. Interpreting Clinical and Laboratory Data
۱۸. Interpreting the Electrocardiogram
۱۹. Analysis and Monitoring of Gas Exchange
۲۰. Pulmonary Function Testing
۲۱. Review of Thoracic Imaging
۲۲. Flexible Bronchoscopy and the Respiratory Therapist
۲۳. Nutrition Assessment
IV: Review of Cardiopulmonary Disease
۲۴. Pulmonary Infections
۲۵. Obstructive Lung Disease: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, and Related Diseases
۲۶. Interstitial Lung Disease
۲۷. Pleural Diseases
۲۸. Pulmonary Vascular Disease
۲۹. Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
۳۰. Respiratory Management of Trauma, Obesity, Near Drowning, and Burns
۳۱. Heart Failure NEW!
۳۲. Lung Cancer
۳۳. Neuromuscular and Other Diseases of the Chest Wall
۳۴. Disorders of Sleep
۳۵. Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Disorders
۳۶. Airway Pharmacology
۳۷. Airway Management
۳۸. Emergency Cardiovascular Life Support
۳۹. Humidity and Bland Aerosol Therapy
۴۰. Aerosol Drug Therapy
۴۱. Storage and Delivery of Medical Gases
۴۲. Medical Gas Therapy
۴۳. Lung Expansion Therapy
۴۴. Airway Clearance Therapy (ACT)
VI: Acute and Critical Care
۴۵. Respiratory Failure and the Need for Ventilatory Support
۴۶. Mechanical Ventilators
۴۷. Physiology of Ventilatory Support
۴۸. Patient-Ventilator Interaction
۴۹. Initiating and Adjusting Invasive Ventilatory Support
۵۰. Noninvasive Ventilation
۵۱. Extracorporeal Life Support (ECLS)
۵۲. Monitoring the Patient in the Intensive Care Unit
۵۳. Discontinuing Ventilatory Support
۵۴. Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care
۵۵. Patient Education and Health Promotion
۵۶. Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
۵۷. Respiratory Care in Alternative Settings
۵۸. Ethics and End-of-Life Care NEW!
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=186129
نویسنده : Robert M. Kacmarek PhD RRT FAARC
ناشر : Mosby; 12th edition
سال انتشار : 2021
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 1403
(ISBN) شابک : 0323511120
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $141.88
حجم فایل : 50 MB