Well over two million medical students, doctors and other health professionals around the globe have owned a copy of Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine since it was first published over 70 years ago. Now in its 24th Edition, this thoroughly updated textbook describes the pathophysiology and clinical features of the most frequently encountered conditions in the major specialties of adult medicine, and explains how to recognise, investigate, diagnose and manage them. Taking its origins from Sir Stanley Davidson’s much-admired lecture notes, Davidson’s has endured because it keeps pace with how modern medicine is taught and provides a wealth of trusted information in an easy-to-read, concise and beautifully illustrated format.
- Part 1 ‘Fundamentals of Medicine’ – provides an account of the principles of genetics, immunology, infectious diseases, population health, oncology and pain management, along with a discussion of the core principles behind clinical decision-making and good prescribing.
- Part 2 ‘Emergency and Critical Care Medicine’ – covers medical emergencies in poisoning, envenomation and medicine in austere environments, as well as common presentations in acute medicine and the recognition and management of the critically ill.
- Part 3 ‘Clinical Medicine’– covers the major medical specialties, each thoroughly revised and brought fully up to date. A new section on COVID-19 has been added and the impact of this infection is described throughout the book.
- Clinical Examination overviews – extended and updated to summarise the main elements for each system.
- Presenting Problems sections – provide a clear pathway for the assessment of and approach to the most common complaints in each specialty.
- Practice Point summaries – detail the practical skills that medical students and junior doctors must acquire.
- Emergency boxes – emphasise the core knowledge needed to manage acutely ill patients.
- In Old Age, In Pregnancy and In Adolescence boxes – highlight differences in the practice of medicine in these patient groups, and illustrate the interfaces between medical, obstetric and paediatric services.
- The text is extensively illustrated – with over 1000 diagrams, clinical photographs, and radiology and pathology images.
- The global perspective is enhanced by an International Advisory Board of experts from 11 countries and by leading authors from around the world.
The complete, downloadable eBook version is included with your (print copy) purchase – for easy access on your portable device, anytime, anywhere! Now enhanced with:
- NEW interactive self-assessment material – over 150 Questions and Answers test your understanding of chapter key points and aid efficient exam preparation
Beautifully constructed with superb clarity of style – Davidson’s continues to provide for students, doctors and other health professionals a sound basis for the practice of medicine.
Royal Society of Medicine and Society of Authors Medical Book Awards
This book comes through where others fail: an excellent textbook, easy to read and superb value.
British Medical Journal
۱ Clinical decision-making
۲ Clinical therapeutics and good prescribing
۳ Clinical genetics
۴ Clinical immunology
۵ Population health and epidemiology
۶ Principles of infectious disease
۸ Pain and palliative care
۹ Acute medicine and critical illness
۱۲ Medicine in austere environments
۱۳ Infectious disease
۱۴ HIV infection and AIDS
۱۵ Sexually transmitted infections
۱۷ Respiratory medicine
۱۸ Nephrology and urology
۱۹ Clinical biochemistry and metabolic medicine
۲۱ Diabetes mellitus
۲۲ Nutritional factors in disease
۲۵ Haematology and transfusion medicine
۲۶ Rheumatology and bone disease
۲۹ Stroke medicine
۳۰ Medical ophthalmology
۳۱ Medical psychiatry
۳۲ Maternal medicine
۳۳ Adolescent and transition medicine
۳۴ Ageing and disease
۳۵ Laboratory reference ranges
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=263953
نویسنده : Ian D Penman BSc(Hons) MD FRCPE
ناشر : Elsevier; 24th edition
سال انتشار : 2022
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 1440
(ISBN) شابک : 070208347X
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $150.00
حجم فایل : 128 MB