Principles and Practice of Surgery is the surgical companion textbook to the international medical bestseller Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine. It is a comprehensive textbook for both the surgical student and trainee, guiding the reader through key core surgical topics which are encountered throughout an integrated medical curriculum as well as in subsequent clinical practice. Although sharing the same format and style as Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, this text is complete in itself, thus enabling the student to appreciate both the medical and surgical implications of diseases encountered in surgical wards.
- A three-section textbook of surgical principles and regional clinical surgery.
- The textbook presents a comprehensive account of international surgical practice, taking into account variations in the disease patterns and management approaches throughout the world.
- Superbly presented with line drawings, high quality radiographic images and colour photographs.
- Presented in similar form to its sister textbook Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine.
- Full online and ebook version available as part of Student Consult.
- A new chapter on Evidence-based practice and professional development.
- An expanded chapter on Surgical preparation includes an account of the main issues surrounding day case surgery.
- A new International Advisory Board based in India, South Africa, South-east Asia and Europe has advised throughout on the structure and content of the book.
- Consequently the text has been updated to reflect changes in understanding, evidence and practice, and to keep the contents in line with undergraduate and postgraduate surgical curricula
- The evidence-based revision boxes that focus on major international guidelines have been thoroughly updated.
- The text on tropical conditions such as tropical pancreatitis, tuberculosis affecting the various organ systems and filarial lymphoedema has been expanded.
- Innovations useful in the practice of surgery in resource-poor environments have been included.
- The text gives a global emphasis on epidemiological and cultural issues such as problems associated with directed transfusion of blood products from first degree relatives, the issues of informed consent and patient autonomy.
- A comparison of SI and non-SI reference ranges for commonly used laboratory values has been added.
Principles and Practice of Surgery (6th edition) is a concise yet comprehensive source of general surgery aimed at the medical student who is seeking more than just the “generic knowledge” required as well as the junior surgical trainee who wants to consolidate their knowledge base. The sound and up-to-date structure of this edition, with each chapter written by an expert in the field, offers a nicely readable, beautifully illustrated reference. What is particularly appealing are the EBM (Evidence Base Medicine) boxes, which provide the reader with the much needed information in a bullet point format to compliment the text. This feature does not interfere with its readability; an almost unavoidable inconvenience that exists in medical literature. We have read the very popular “Companion to specialist surgical practice” series and can’t but notice that the authors, many of whom contribute to the currently reviewed text, take the surgical trainee on a smooth journey, which starts with this basic reference in preparation for the heavyweight knowledge towards the end of the surgical training. A last but not least bonus: you get an online version with the paper text. In short a text that we recommend highly.
British Journal of Surgery 2012
Chapter 1: Metabolic response to injury,, fluid and electrolyte balance and shock
Chapter 2: Transfusion of blood components and plasma products
Chapter 3: Nutritional support in surgical patients
Chapter 4: Infections and antibiotics
Chapter 5: Ethics, preoperative considerations, anaesthesia and analgesia
Chapter 6: Principles of the surgical management of cancer
Chapter 7: Trauma and multiple injury
Chapter 8: Practical procedures and patient investigation
Chapter 9: Postoperative care and complications
Chapter 10: Evidence-based practice and professional development
Chapter 11: The abdominal wall and hernia
Chapter 12: The acute abdomen
Chapter 13: The oesophagus, stomach and duodenum
Chapter 14: The liver and biliary tract
Chapter 15: The pancreas and spleen
Chapter 16: The small and large intestine
Chapter 17: The anorectum
Chapter 18: Plastic surgery including common skin and subcutaneous lesions
Chapter 19: The breast
Chapter 20: Endocrine surgery
Chapter 21: Vascular and endovascular surgery
Chapter 22: Cardiothoracic surgery
Chapter 23: Urological surgery
Chapter 24: Neurosurgery
Chapter 25: Transplantation surgery
Chapter 26: Ear, nose and throat surgery
Chapter 27: Orthopaedic surgery
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=82132
نویسنده : O. James Garden BS MB
ناشر : Elsevier; 7 edition
سال انتشار : 2018
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 578
(ISBN) شابک : 0702068594
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $65.40
حجم فایل : 50 MB