The ۴th Australian edition of Kozier and Erb’s Fundamentals of Nursing has undergone a rigorous review and writing process and reflects the contemporary changes in the regulation of nursing.
It continues to focus on the three core philosophies of person-centred care, critical thinking and clinical reasoning and cultural safety. These three philosophical foundations are interwoven in a meaningful way through each chapter.
With an evidence-based approach, students will develop skills in problem solving, critical thinking, clinical reasoning and learn to care for people in ways that signify respect, acceptance, empathy, connectedness, cultural sensitivity and genuine concern.
MyLab Nursing can be packaged with this edition to engage students and allow them to apply their knowledge, strengthen their understanding of key concepts and develop critical decision making skills.
Note: This edition provides relevant nursing diagnoses written in a way that is reflective of Australia nursing practice and nomenclature and does not refer to NANDA taxonomy of diagnostic terminology.
- Anatomy & Physiology reviews provide students with a quick review of the human bioscience that is fundamental to competent practice.
- Assessment interviews show students how to ask appropriate questions in their clinical encounters.
- Case studies provide students with an opportunity for practical application
- Clinical considerations highlight relevant information and important ‘tips’
- Concept maps reinforce the steps of the nursing process and map difficult concepts diagrammatically
- Drug capsule boxes help students learn the implications of certain medications that they may see in their clinical encounters.
- Home care considerations instruct students to consider adaptation for performing the skill in the home.
- Lifespan considerations alert students to the needs of people of different ages.
- Practice guidelines provide instant summaries of clinical dos and don’ts.
- Real-world practice provides students with a real-world perspective of practice.
- Research notes introduce students to the concept of evidence-based nursing practice by reviewing relevant nursing research and discussing the implications for nursing practice.
- Step-by-step skills help students understand techniques and practice sequence.
- Patient education gives students a guide for what to do when educating patients.
- Links to National Patient Safety Standards give the relevant standards from the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care as they relate to patient safety.
- Mapping to the NMBA Registered Nurse Standards for Practice aligns the content to contemporary professional practice in Australia
- NEW! Links to the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards displayed in each unit along with practical examples on how the standard is applied.
- UPDATED! Research Notes and Real World features to reflect contemporary Australian and New Zealand research and clinician stories.
- NEW AND UPDATED! Contemporary references have been added to support the latest information.
- All references to NANDA-I have been removed and nursing diagnoses more clearly explained.
Chapter 1 Historical and Contemporary Nursing Practice
Chapter 2 Nurse Education, Research and Evidence-based Practice
Chapter 3 Nursing Theories and Conceptual Frameworks
Chapter 4 Legal Aspects of Nursing
Chapter 5 Values, Ethics and Advocacy
Chapter 6 Health Care Delivery Systems
Chapter 7 Community Health
Chapter 8 Home Care
Chapter 9 Regional, Rural and Remote Nursing
Chapter 10 Health Informatics
Chapter 11 Critical Thinking and the Nursing Process
Chapter 12 Assessing
Chapter 13 Diagnosing
Chapter 14 Planning
Chapter 15 Implementing and Evaluating
Chapter 16 Documenting and Reporting
Chapter 17 Health Promotion
Chapter 18 Health, Wellness and Illness
Chapter 19 Culture, Nursing and Indigenous Health
Chapter 20 Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Chapter 21 Concepts of Growth and Development
Chapter 22 Promoting Health from Conception through to Adolescence
Chapter 23 Promoting Health in Young and Middle-aged Adults
Chapter 24 Promoting Health in Older Adults
Chapter 25 Promoting Family Health
Chapter 26 Caring
Chapter 27 Communicating
Chapter 28 Teaching and Learning
Chapter 29 Leading and Managing
Chapter 30 Vital Signs
Chapter 31 Health Assessment
Chapter 32 Infection Prevention and Control
Chapter 33 Safety
Chapter 34 Hygiene
Chapter 35 Diagnostic Testing
Chapter 36 Medications
Chapter 37 Skin Integrity and Wound Care
Chapter 38 Perioperative Nursing
Chapter 39 Sensory Perception
Chapter 40 Self-concept
Chapter 41 Sexuality
Chapter 42 Spirituality
Chapter 43 Stress and Coping
Chapter 44 Loss, Grieving and Death
Chapter 45 Mental Health Nursing
Chapter 46 Activity and Exercise
Chapter 47 Sleep
Chapter 48 Pain Management
Chapter 49 Nutrition
Chapter 50 Urinary Elimination
Chapter 51 Faecal Elimination
Chapter 52 Oxygenation
Chapter 53 Circulation
Chapter 54 Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid–Base Balance
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=145368
نویسنده : Audrey Berman, Shirlee Snyder
ناشر : Pearson Education Australia; 4rd edition
سال انتشار : 2018
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 1694
(ISBN) شابک : 9781488613647
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $130.01
حجم فایل : 115 MB