We chose our book title carefully. We have used the words theory, concepts, application, thinking, doing, and caring because we believe that excellent nursing requires an equal mix of knowledge, thought, action, and caring. It is knowledge and its application—not just the tasks nurses do—that delineate the various levels of nursing. Even so, skillful performance of tasks is essential to full attainment of the nursing role. We chose the word fundamentals because this text, and its concomitant course, is truly that: the foundation for all that follows. This basic content teaches essential functions that nurses will use throughout their careers, and in that sense, we believe it is of central importance. It is—or should be—the most important course students take. We want them to say, “Everything I need to know, I learned in fundamentals—all I needed to know about how to think, what to do, and how to be” (at least at a basic level). You will see those themes integrated throughout each chapter. The thoroughly revised and updated third edition, kept fresh by the acquisition of two new co-authors, preserves the same open, user-friendly, easy-to-read style that students have been telling us they love.
Thinking. Doing. Caring.
Fundamentals of Nursing, now in its 3rd Edition, continues in its groundbreaking, two-volume format. Perfect for both concept-based and traditional curriculums, it is the only text designed the way nursing fundamentals is actually taught. Volume 1 covers the theoretical knowledge taught in class, and Volume 2 covers the practical knowledge taught in lab.
Think like a nurse from day one!
Awarded first place in the 2015 AJN Book of the Year Award in the Medical-Surgical Nursing category
Awarded second place in the 2015 AJN Book of the Year Award in the Adult Primary Care category
- “Meet Your Patient” case studies in Volume 1 and “Caring for the Nguyens” multi-cultural, lifespan case studies in Volume 2.
- Emphasis on safety • evidence-based practice • and gerontology.
- Step-by-step procedures that include “What if…” sections • documentation guidelines with both written and electronic examples • references to evidence-based guidelines • and “Thinking About the Procedure” questions.
- Knowledge Maps • Applying the Full-Spectrum Nursing Model • Critical-Thinking and Clinical Reasoning questions at the end of each chapter in Volume 2.
- Care Plans and Care Maps • Toward Evidence-Based Practice questions • and Clinical Insight boxes • Diagnostic Test boxes.
- A wealth of online resources at DavisPlus…
• Electronic Study Guide Chapter Resources—like a 500-page workbook
• Davis Digital Version lets you access the complete text online.
• Podcast, animations, and sounds library
I. HOW NURSES THINK
۱. Evolution of Nursing Thought & Action
۲. Critical Thinking & Nursing Process
۳. Nursing Process: Assessment
۴. Nursing Process: Diagnosis
۵. Nursing Process: Planning Outcomes
۶. Nursing Process: Planning Interventions
۷. Nursing Process: Implementation and Evaluation
۸. Evidence-Based Practice: Theory & Research
II. FACTORS AFFECTING HEALTH
۹. Life Span: Infancy Through Middle Adulthood
۱۰. Life Span: Older Adults
۱۱. Experiencing Health & Illness
۱۲. Stress & Adaptation
۱۳. Psychosocial Health & Illness
۱۴. The Family
۱۵. Culture & Ethnicity
۱۷. Loss, Grief, & Dying
III. ESSENTIAL NURSING INTERVENTIONS
۱۸. Documenting & Reporting
۱۹. Teaching & Learning
۲۰. Measuring Vital Signs
۲۱. Communication & Therapeutic Relationships
۲۲. Health Assessment
۲۳. Promoting Asepsis & Preventing Infection
۲۴. Promoting Safety
۲۵. Facilitating Hygiene
۲۶. Administering Medications
IV. SUPPORTING PHYSIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONING
۲۸. Urinary Elimination
۲۹. Bowel Elimination
۳۰. Sensation, Perception & Cognition
۳۲. Physical Activity & Mobility
۳۳. Sexual Health
۳۴. Sleep & Rest
۳۵. Skin Integrity & Wound Healing
۳۸. Fluid, Electrolytes, & Acid-Base Balance
V. NURSING FUNCTIONS
۳۹. Perioperative Care
۴۰. Leading & Managing
۴۱. Nursing Informatics
۴۲. Promoting Health
VI. THE CONTEXT FOR NURSES’ WORK
۴۳. Community & Home Health Nursing
۴۴. Ethics & Values
۴۵. Legal Accountability
۴۶. Holistic Healing (on DavisPlus)
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=26283
نویسنده : Judith M. Wilkinson PhD CNS APRN
ناشر : F.A. Davis Company; 3rd ed. edition
سال انتشار : 2016
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 2409
(ISBN) شابک : 0803640773
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $112.07
حجم فایل : 67 MB