Advances in the material sciences, 3D printing technology, functional electrical stimulation, smart devices and apps, FES technology, sensors and microprocessor technologies, and more have lately transformed the field of orthotics, making the prescription of these devices more complex than ever before. Atlas of Orthoses and Assistive Devices, 5th Edition, brings you completely up to date with these changes, helping physiatrists, orthopaedic surgeons, prosthetists, orthotists, and other rehabilitation specialists work together to select the appropriate orthotic device for optimal results in every patient.
- Provides an introduction to Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) systems relating to Assistive Technology (AT) systems and orthotics.
- Includes Key Points in every chapter so you can quickly access expert guidance.
- Maintains a valuable balance of content that is essential for both physiatrists and orthopaedic surgeons.
- Covers state-of-the-art topics in the areas of biomechanics, fabrication techniques, and construction of orthoses with advanced technologies.
- Incorporates an all-new, vibrant full-color design to enhance illustrations and make navigation fast and easy.
- Places greater emphasis on carbon fiber materials and lightweight thermoplastics.
- Includes content on ۳D printing technology and how it has revolutionized fabrication strategies.
- Features a more in-depth discussion of sensors and microprocessor technologies, advances in FES technology with respect to orthotics, smart devices and relevant apps, and the use of scanner technology in orthotic fabrication.
- Explains new orthotic devices and their indications from acute traumatic situations through chronic rehabilitation needs.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
۱. The Orthotic Prescription
۲. Materials Science
۳. Principles of Fabrication
۴. Principles of Normal and Pathologic Gait
۵. Biomechanics of the Spine
۶. Principles and Components of Spinal Orthoses
۷. Orthoses for Spinal Pain
۸. Orthoses for Spinal Deformities
۹. Orthoses for Spinal Trauma and Postoperative Care
۱۰. Orthoses for Osteoporosis
۱۱. Biomechanics of the Upper Limb
۱۲. Principles and Components of Upper Limb Orthoses
۱۳. Upper Limb Orthoses for the Stroke and Brain-Injured Patient
۱۴. Upper limb Orthoses for Persons with Spinal Cord Injury and Brachial Plexus Injuries
۱۵. Orthoses for the Burned Hand
۱۶. Orthotic Considerations for Arthritis and Overuse Syndromes in the Upper Extremity
۱۷. Functional Bracing of Selected Upper Limb Fractures
۱۸. Biomechanics of the Hip, Knee, and Ankle
۱۹. Foot Biomechanics
۲۰. Shoes and Shoe Modifications
۲۱. Foot Orthoses
۲۲. Lower Limb Orthoses
۲۳. Lower Limb Orthoses for Persons with Spinal Cord Injury
۲۴. Orthoses in Total Joint Arthroplasty
۲۵. Knee Orthoses for Sports-Related Issues
۲۶. Orthotic Management of Neuropathic and Dysvascular Feet
۲۷. Orthotic Management of Polio and Postpolio Syndrome
۲۸. Lower Limb Orthoses for Persons Who Have Had a Stroke
۲۹. Assessment and Orthotic Management of Gait Dysfunction in Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury
۳۰. Congenital and Acquired Disorders
۳۱. Pediatric Hip Orthoses
۳۲. Orthoses for the Muscle Disease Patient
۳۳. Orthoses for Cerebral Palsy
۳۴. Orthoses for Myelomeningocele
۳۵. Cranial Remolding Orthoses
۳۶. Canes, Crutches, and Walkers
۳۷. Wheeled Mobility: Evaluation for Orthotic Seating and Positioning
۳۸. Wheeled Mobility: Device Prescription and Care
۳۹. Wheelchair and Assistive Device Considerations for Remote Settings
۴۰. Communication Devices and Electronic Aids
۴۱. Sports Adaptations and Assistive Devices for Recreation
۴۲. Driving and Related Assistive Devices
۴۳. Neuromuscular Stimulation
۴۴. Exoskeletal Assisted Rehabilitation after Spinal Cord Injury
۴۵. Future Trends and Research in Orthoses
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=107190
نویسنده : Joseph Webster MD , Douglas Murphy MD
ناشر : Elsevier; 5 edition
سال انتشار : 2019
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 575
(ISBN) شابک : 0323483232
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $125.64
حجم فایل : 43 MB