Practical, highly visual guidance for efficient, accurate diagnosis of renal disease
In the 5 years since our second edition was published, there have been many advances in the genetics, etiology, pathogenesis, and treatment of medical renal diseases. Tese advances have led to a therapeutic focus on a more specifc and personalized approach and, in turn, further emphasized the importance and central role of the renal biopsy in patient management. We have taken these factors into consideration in organizing and adding new material for the third edition of this renal pathology textbook. Te organization of this edition follows that of the previous editions, with each of the sections being expanded and updated to include new classifcations of various kidney diseases, both native and transplant related. In addition, we have added new chapters. First, we have added an integrative approach to analyzing the fndings observed in the kidney biopsy, integrating light microscopy with immunoﬂuorescence and electron microscopy fndings.
Te approach is illustrated as algorithms and Venn diagrams, which together show pathways to diagnoses and the overlap observed for selected morphologic lesions. We have also added a section on endemic nephropathies, an important worldwide challenge. Improved detection and specifc diagnosis will be important to begin to identify the common and varying underlying etiologies of this group of diseases. Sections on genetics, etiology, and pathogenesis have also been expanded. References have been updated and continue to be focused, rather than encyclopedic, with emphasis on classic and most recent literature on each subject.
New to this Edition
- A new chapter describing a logical approach to differential diagnosis.
- New insights into pathogenesis and classification of diseases.
- New coverage of aging and the kidney, endemic diseases, transplant, lupus-related kidney diseases, Mesoamerican nephropathy, ApolL1-related nephropathies, C3 glomerulopathies, and thrombotic microangiopathies.
- Recent results of consensus conferences on vasculitides and renal neoplasia.
- More than 700 images of light, immunofluorescence, and electron microscopy for each diagnostic entity with correlations to clinical presentation and pathogenesis.
- Focused, detailed discussions on key characteristic pathologic findings and prognostic, pathogenetic, and etiologic information.
- An in-depth examination of pathophysiology, clinical presentations, and the latest evidence-based practices.
- User-friendly format features tables and sidebars with key points and differential diagnoses, and chapters that include concise, templated discussions regarding the etiology and pathogenesis of the disorder.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Agnes B. Fogo, MD, Professor of Pathology, Medicine and Pediatrics, Director, Renal Electron Microscopy laboratory, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA and Michael Kashgarian, MD, Professor Emeritus of Pathology and Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology; Department of Pathology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
۱. Approach to Diagnosis of the Kidney Biopsy
۲. Normal Growth and Maturation
۵. Tubulointerstitial Diseases
۶. Endemic Nephropathies
۷. Chronic Kidney Disease
۸. Renal Transplantation
۹. Cystic Diseases of the Kidney
۱۰. Renal Neoplasia
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=46274
نویسنده : Agnes B. Fogo MD , Michael Kashgarian MD
ناشر : Elsevier; 3 edition
سال انتشار : 2017
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 548
(ISBN) شابک : 0323390536
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $235.04
حجم فایل : $235.04