Effectively diagnose and manage adult and pediatric sleep disorders with help from Atlas of Sleep Medicine, the most comprehensive and detailed source of pictorial and video guidance available. A full-color design with an entirely new image collection and video segments facilitates the observation and interpretation of sleep-related events and recordings. Whether you are preparing for the sleep medicine fellowship examination, or simply want to offer your patients today’s best care, this sleep medicine book is an ideal resource!
- Confidently treat sleep-related breathing disorders with a practical step-by-step approach to positive pressure titration, summarizing merits, demerits, dangers, and limitations.
- Observe, evaluate, and treat unusual, uncommon, and often unrecognized PSG patterns.
- See how clinical and PSG findings correlate in real time for various sleep disorders by watching video segments (new to this edition!) that show sleep movements and polysomnography data side by side.
- Visually reinforce your understanding of circadian dysrhythmias through dynamic hypnograms and a tantalizing pictorial display.
- Evaluate indications and choose appropriate dental appliances with step-by-step instruction and supporting video clips.
- Address undesired phenomena that occur in association with sleep with eight new unique vignettes with associated videos including a variety of parasomnias, cataplexy, and death from obstructive sleep apnea.
- Access the fully searchable text online including the complete image library, over two dozen videos, and more at Expert Consult.
With 61 contributors
“This is a significant contribution to the field of sleep medicine. It provides an update of the expanding field with text and illustrations, as well as video vignettes.”-M. Isabel Crisostomo, MD(Rush University Medical Center) Doody Review: 83/100
۱. Polysomnographic Recording Technique
۲. Electroencephalography for the Sleep Specialist
۳. Sleep Stages and Scoring Technique
۴. Sleep-Disordered Breathing and Scoring
۵. Basic Circadian Rhythms and Circadian Sleep Disorders
۶. Hypnogram Analysis
۷. Sleep-Related Movements and Scoring Techniques
۸. Cardiac Arrhythmias
۹. Uncommon, Atypical, and Often Unrecognized PSG Patterns
۱۰. Motor Disorders During Sleep
۱۱. Sleep and Epilepsy
۱۲. Sleep Dysfunction and Sleep-Disordered Breathing in Miscellaneous Neurological Disorders
۱۳. Neuroimaging Techniques
۱۴. Specialized Techniques
۱۴A. Multiple Sleep latency Testing
۱۴C. Recommendations for Practical Use of Pulse Transit Time as a Tool for Respiratory Effort Measurements During Sleep and Microarousal Recognition
۱۴D. The Cyclic Alternating Pattern
۱۴E. Peripheral Arterial Tonometry
۱۴F. The Electrocardiogram-Spectrogram
۱۵. Positive Pressure Titration
۱۶. Oral Appliances and Surgical Techniques for Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome Therapy
۱۷. Pediatric Polysomnography
Appendix: Video Vignettes
Vignette 1: Narcolepsy: Unequivocal Diagnosis After Split-Screen, Video-Polysomnographic Analysis of a Prolonged Cataplectic Attack
Vignette 2: Obstructive Sleep Apnea Associated With Cerebral Hypoxemia
Vignette 3: The Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behavior Disorder Leading to a Subdural Hemorrhage
Vignette 4: Isolated Sleep Paralysis: An REM- “Sleep” Polysomnographic Phenomenon as Documented With Simultaneous Clinical and Electrophysiologic Assessment
Vignette 5: Confusional Arousals
Vignette 6: Sleepwalking
Vignette 7: Hypnagogic Hallucination
Vignette 8: Sleep Terrors
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=14541
نویسنده : Sudhansu Chokroverty MD , Robert J. Thomas
ناشر : Saunders; 2 edition
سال انتشار : 2014
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 416
(ISBN) شابک : 1455712671
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $134.00
حجم فایل : 76 MB