Covering all the basic and clinical concepts you need to know for your coursework and USMLEs, Immunology, 9th Edition, offers a well-illustrated, carefully structured approach to this complex and fast-changing field. Carefully edited and authored by experts in both teaching and research, it provides cutting-edge, consistent coverage that links the laboratory and clinical practice. A user-friendly, color-coded format, including key concept boxes, explanatory diagrams, and nearly 200 photos to help you visually grasp and retain challenging concepts.
- Explains the building blocks of the immune system – cells, organs, and major receptor molecules – as well as initiation and actions of the immune response, especially in a clinical context.
- Includes extensive updates to clinical information, including recent clinical approaches in cancer immunology, transplantation, autoimmunity, hypersensitivity, and more.
- Features a reorganized format that presents immunology in the order in which is typically taught and learned, better integrating basic and clinical immunology.
- Covers new topics such as innate lymphoid cells, antibody-based therapies and antibody engineering, innate immunity and its components, the genetics of immunologically-based diseases and personalized medicine, and immunotherapeutic agents for the treatment of cancer.
- Provides Critical Thinking boxes, chapter-opening summaries, and case-based and USMLE-style questions that provide effective review and quick practice for exams – plus more learning opportunities online, including USMLE-style questions and clinical cases.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices. It also features full color 3-D animations to deliver a dynamic visual overview of immunological concepts.
Includes extensive updates to clinical information, including recent clinical approaches in cancer immunology, transplantation, autoimmunity, hypersensitivity, and more.
Covers new topics such as innate lymphoid cells, antibody-based therapies and antibody engineering, innate immunity and its components, the genetics of immunologically-based diseases and personalized medicine, and immunotherapeutic agents for the treatment of cancer.
Immunology made easier to understand and remember
۱. Introduction to the Immune System
۲. Cells, Tissues and Organs of the Immune System
۳. Mechanisms of Innate Immunity
۵. Mononuclear Phagocytes in Immune Defence
۶. T-Cell Receptors and Major Histocompatibility Complex Molecules
۷. Antigen Presentation
۸. Cell-Mediated Cytotoxicity
۹. B-Cell Development and the Antibody Response
۱۱. Immunological Tolerance
۱۲. Regulation of the Immune Response
۱۳. Immune Responses in Tissues
۱۴. Immunity to Viruses
۱۵. Immunity to Bacteria and Fungi
۱۶. Immunity to Protozoa and Worms
۱۸. Primary Immunodeficiencies
۱۹. AIDS, Secondary Immunodeficiency and Immunosuppression
۲۰. Autoimmunity and Autoimmune Disease
۲۱. Transplantation and Rejection
۲۲. Immunity to Cancers
۲۳. Immediate Hypersensitivity (Type I)
۲۴. Hypersensitivity (Type II)
۲۵. Hypersensitivity (Type III)
۲۶. Hypersensitivity (Type IV)
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=259463
نویسنده : David Male MA PhD
ناشر : Elsevier; 9th edition
سال انتشار : 2021
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 521 به همراه کانتنت و ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 0702078441
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $51.25
حجم فایل : 100 MB