Now in a fully revised and updated Sixth Edition, Dr. Light’s classic text, Pleural Diseases, delivers even more focused content on the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and management of pleural diseases. The text’s straightforward, single-author perspective combines procedural expertise, insights on recent technical advances, and clear recommendations for both diagnosis and treatment.
This edition includes current and timely information on management of both paraneoplastic and malignant pleural effusions, new cautions regarding the need for training in thoracentesis, diagnosis of tuberculous pleural effusions, and newer agents for producing effusions.
Inside this powerful, fact-packed resource…
• Three algorithms for diagnosis of pleural effusions help identify causes of pathologic findings.
• Chapters on thoracentesis, pleural biopsy, chest tube insertion, and thoracoscopy provide indications and contraindications along with step-by-step procedural guidance.
• Detailed coverage of parapneumonic and malignant pleural effusions addresses the most recent advances in treatment.
NEW to the Sixth Edition…
• Updated treatment regimens for paraneoplastic lesions broaden therapeutic options.
• Consensus-building content presents a unified approach to the use of indwelling catheters in the management of malignant pleural effusions.
• New emphasis on training for thoracentesis helps minimize procedure-related morbidity and mortality.
• New recommendations regarding chest tubes help ensure the proper tube is used for each procedure.
• New tests refine the diagnosis of tuberculous pleural effusions.
PLUS… a FREE companion website provides on-demand access to the fully searchable text and images.
۱ Anatomy of the Pleura
۲ Physiology of the Pleural Space
۳ Physiological Effects of Pneumothorax and Pleural Effusion
۴ Animal Models in Pleural Investigations
۵ Cytokines and the Pleura
۶ Radiographic Examinations
۷ Clinical Manifestations and Useful Tests
۸ Approach to the Patient
۹ Transudative Pleural Effusions
۱۰ Pleural Effusions Related to Metastatic Maligancies
۱۱ Primary Tumors of the Pleura
۱۲ Parapneumonic Effusions and Empyema
۱۳ Tuberculous Pleural Effusions
۱۴ Pleural Effusion Secondary to Fundal Infections, Actinomycosis, and Nocardiosis
۱۵ Pleural Effusion Due to Parasitic Infection
۱۶ Pleural Effusion Due to Acquired Immunodeffidency Syndrome, Other Viruses, Mycoplasma Pleumoniae, and Rickettsiae
۱۷ Pleural Effusion Due to Pulmonary Embolization
۱۸ Pleural Effusion Secondary to Diseases of the Gastrointestinal Tract
۱۹ Pleural Effusion Secondary to Diseases of the Heart
۲۰ Pleural Disease in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
۲۱ Pleural Disease Due to Collagen Vascular Diseases
۲۲ Pleural Effusions Due to Drug Reactions
۲۳ Pleural Effusion Due to Miscellaneous Diseases
۲۶ Chylothorax and Pseudochylothorax
۲۷ Other Pleural Diseases
۲۸ Thoracocentesis (Diganostic and Therapeutic) and Pleural Biopsy
۲۹ Chest Tubes
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=16941
نویسنده : Richard W. Light MD
ناشر : LWW; Sixth edition
سال انتشار : 2013
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 524
(ISBN) شابک : 145117599X
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $164.99
حجم فایل : 15 MB