The demand for anesthesiologists outside of the operating room continues to grow as the number of minimally invasive procedures proliferates and the complexity of diagnostic procedures undertaken outside of the OR increase. Non-Operating Room Anesthesia is an easy-to-access, highly visual reference that facilitates an in-depth understanding of NORA procedures and protocols needed to minimize risk and complications and to maximize growth opportunities.
“In this book, Drs. Mark Weiss and Lee Fleisher have provided an important tool to address both the challenges and opportunities for anesthesiologists in providing non–operating room anesthesia (NORA) care.” Foreword: Roger A. Moore, Clinical Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, May 2015
- Effectively assess and manage risks and differences in procedures through in-depth discussions addressing the unique challenges and issues associated with non-traditional settings.
- Review the most recent knowledge with updated coverage of the use of the electrophysiology lab (EPL) and cardiac catheterization laboratory (CCL) in the care of the critically ill patient; patient assessment; and anesthetic considerations.
- Prepare for varying anesthetic conditions in non-OR settings with in-depth discussions on communication, management, and laboratory preparation for anticipated concerns or complications.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about NORA with coverage that surpasses the depth and scope of review articles and other references.
- Focus on the practical guidance you need thanks to a user-friendly color-coded format, key points boxes, drug descriptions, checklist boxes (for monitors, equipment, and drugs), and over 400 color photos that help you visualize each procedure and setting.
- Access the fully searchable contents online at Expert Consult!
“This practical text is a must read for leaders developing or refining NORA services… it is invaluable especially for hospital leaders, physicians, and proceduralists, including anesthesiologists who are planning to add or expand non-operating room services… This text can be recommended to all anesthesia care providers involved in the provision of anesthesia in non-operating room settings.”
–Anesthesia & Analgesia (Volume 122(1), January 2016, p 286-287)
The practice of non-operating room anesthesiology has spread widely in the last twenty to thirty years, Drs Weiss and Fleisher point out in this book. The three main reasons contributing to this development – which has improved patient safety – are: the growth in the number of number of drugs available, breakthroughs in medical technology, and innovations in anesthetic techniques. Well-organized material in the chapters include an introduction to the chapter title; main topics and subtopics within them; boxes with enumerated steps, for example, and other information; photos with descriptive captions; and tables with detailed information. A Conclusion and References are provided at the end of each chapter. This is an excellent work in this relatively new and growing specialization within anesthesiology. In my opinion, this is an essential book to have for any medical student or resident preparing for a practice in anesthesiology, as well as any practicing physician interested to learn more about non-operating room anesthesia. ~Nano Khilnani
۱. Engineering excellence in NORA care
۲. Designing Safety and Engineering Standards in the NORA Procedure Site
۳. Room Setup/Critical Supplies/Medications
۴. The Role of Non-Operating Room Anesthetist
۵. Continuous Quality Improvement for NORA Locations
۶. Critical Monitoring Issues for NORA Anesthesia
۷. TIVA/TCI Outside the Operating Room
۸. ASA/Relevant Guidelines to OOR Anesthesia
۹. Practice Procedure
۱۰. Preoperative Evaluations
۱۱. Anesthesia in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab – Valves/Devices
۱۲. EP Lab
۱۳. Anesthesia for Cardioversion
۱۴. The Role of Ventilation in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab
۱۷. Anesthesia in the Bronchoscopy Suite
۱۸. Adult Anesthesia in the Radiology Suite
۱۹. Pediatric Anesthesia in the Radiology Suite
۲۰. MRI/CT Scan
۲۱. Optimizing Scheduling
۲۲. Financial and Operational Analysis for Non Operating Room Anesthetics
۲۳. Anesthesia and Competititve Strategies
۲۴. Operational Effectiveness/Costs/Value Added
۲۵. Development of Future Systems (Sedaysis)
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=71183
نویسنده : Mark S. Weiss MD , Lee A Fleisher MD FACC
ناشر : Saunders; 1 Har/Psc edition
سال انتشار : 2015
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 275
(ISBN) شابک : 1455754153
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $99.91
حجم فایل : 35 MB