Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistry links biochemistry to physiology and pathophysiology, allowing students to apply fundamental concepts to the practice of medicine – from diagnosing patients to recommending effective treatments. Intuitively organized chapters center on hypothetical patient vignettes, highlighting the material’s clinical applications; helpful icons allow for smooth navigation, making complex concepts easier to grasp.
- Full-color illustrations make chemical structures and biochemical pathways easy to visualize.
- Patient vignettes connect biochemistry to human health and disease.
- Clinical Notes explain patient signs or symptoms, and Method Notes relate biochemistry to the laboratory tests ordered during diagnosis.
- Clinical Comments link biochemical dynamics to treatment options and patient outcomes.
- Biochemical Comments explore directions for new research.
- Key Concepts and Summary Disease tables highlight the take-home messages in each chapter.
- Questions and answers at the end of each chapter – ۴۷۰ total inside the book, with 560 more online – probe students’ mastery of key concepts.
- Additional handy resources available online make it easy to review all diseases and all methods covered throughout the book and to find references for further information and study
۱ Metabolic Fuels and Dietary Components
۲ The Fed or Absorptive State
۴ Water, Acids, Bases, and Buffers
۵ Structures of the Major Compounds of the Body
۶ Amino Acids in Proteins
۷ Structure–Function Relationships in Proteins
۸ Enzymes as Catalysts
۹ Regulation of Enzymes
۱۰ Relationship between Cell Biology and Biochemistry
۱۱ Cell Signaling by Chemical Messengers
۱۲ Structure of the Nucleic Acids
۱۳ Synthesis of DNA
۱۴ Transcription: Synthesis of RNA
۱۵ Translation: Synthesis of Proteins
۱۶ Regulation of Gene Expression
۱۷ Use of Recombinant DNA Techniques in Medicine
۱۸ The Molecular Biology of Cancer
۱۹ Basic Concepts in the Regulation of Fuel Metabolism by Insulin, Glucagon, and Other Hormones
۲۰ Cellular Bioenergetics: Adenosine Triphosphate and O2
۲۱ Digestion, Absorption, and Transport of Carbohydrates
۲۲ Generation of Adenosine Triphosphate from Glucose, Fructose, and Galactose: Glycolysis
۲۳ Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle
۲۴ Oxidative Phosphorylation and Mitochondrial Function
۲۵ Oxygen Toxicity and Free-Radical Injury
۲۶ Formation and Degradation of Glycogen
۲۷ Pentose Phosphate Pathway and the Synthesis of Glycosides, Lactose, Glycoproteins, and Glycolipids
۲۸ Gluconeogenesis and Maintenance of Blood Glucose Levels
۲۹ Digestion and Transport of Dietary Lipids
۳۰ Oxidation of Fatty Acids and Ketone Bodies
۳۱ Synthesis of Fatty Acids, Triacylglycerols, and the Major Membrane Lipids
۳۲ Cholesterol Absorption, Synthesis, Metabolism, and Fate
۳۳ Metabolism of Ethanol
۳۴ Integration of Carbohydrate and Lipid Metabolism
۳۵ Protein Digestion and Amino Acid Absorption
۳۶ Fate of Amino Acid Nitrogen: Urea Cycle
۳۷ Synthesis and Degradation of Amino Acids
۳۸ Tetrahydrofolate, Vitamin B12, and S-Adenosylmethionine
۳۹ Purine and Pyrimidine Metabolism
۴۰ Intertissue Relationships in the Metabolism of Amino Acids
۴۱ Actions of Hormones that Regulate Fuel Metabolism
۴۲ The Biochemistry of Erythrocytes and Other Blood Cells
۴۳ Blood Plasma Proteins, Coagulation, and Fibrinolysis
۴۴ Liver Metabolism
۴۵ Metabolism of Muscle at Rest and during Exercise
۴۶ Metabolism of the Nervous System47 The Extracellular Matrix and Connective Tissue
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=96082
نویسنده : Michael Lieberman
ناشر : LWW; Fifth, North American edition
سال انتشار : 2018
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی) + ePUB
تعداد صفحات : 1065
(ISBN) شابک : 9781496324818
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $61.96
حجم فایل : 200 MB