Written by carefully selected global experts, practicing physicians, and educators in the various sub-disciplines of biochemistry, Medical Biochemistry, 6th Edition, offers a unique combination of research and clinical practice tailored to today’s integrated courses. Covering clinically relevant topics in greater detail than other texts, this outstanding resource provides a strong overview of traditional areas in medical biochemistry along with state-of-the-art coverage of today’s latest developments. You’ll learn basic science concepts alongside clinical cases that describe patients likely to be encountered in clinical training, as well as how to use laboratory tests to diagnose and monitor the most important conditions. Thorough yet accessible, this clinically focused text is useful from medical school to clinical practice.
- Features a strong clinical orientation, emphasizing the relevance of biochemistry to the daily practice of medicine.
- Highlights the latest developments in regulatory and molecular biology, signal transduction, age-related chronic disease, epigenetics, and bioinformatics and the “-omics, as well as important global medical issues such as diabetes mellitus, obesity and malnutrition, cancer and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, and nutrition and exercise.
- Emphasizes clinical evaluation, maintenance of good health, and disease prevention, as well as translational medicine and the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Contains organ-focused chapters addressing the biochemistry of the bone, kidney, liver, lungs and muscle; and system-focused chapters on the biochemistry of the immune and endocrine systems, neurochemistry and neurotransmission, and cancer.
- Includes clear, colorful icons and illustrations that help you easily navigate the text and understand the material.
- Provides online features such as challenging “Active Learning questions for independent study, relevant websites that reinforce or supplement chapter content, 150+ multiple-choice and USMLE-style questions, a quick-reference glossary, additional images and case studies, references to current literature, and more.
۱. Biochemistry and Clinical Medicine: Introduction and Overview
۲. Amino Acids and Proteins
۳. Carbohydrates and Lipids
۴. Membranes and Transport
۵. Oxygen Transport
۶. Catalytic Proteins – Enzymes
۷. Vitamins and Minerals
۸. Bioenergetics and Oxidative Metabolism
۹. Glycolysis and the Pentose Phosphate Pathway
۱۰. The Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle
۱۱. Fatty Acid and Triglyceride Catabolism
۱۲. Biosynthesis and Storage of Carbohydrate
۱۳. Biosynthesis and Storage of Fatty Acids
۱۴. Biosynthesis of Cholesterol and Steroids
۱۵. Biosynthesis and Degradation of Amino Acids
۱۶. Biosynthesis and Degradation of Nucleotides
۱۷. Complex Carbohydrates: Glycoproteins
۱۸. Complex Lipids
۱۹. The Extracellular Matrix
۲۰. Deoxyribonucleic Acid
۲۱. Ribonucleic Acid
۲۲. Protein Synthesis and Turnover
۲۳. Regulation of Gene Expression: Basic Mechanisms
۲۴. Genomics, Proteomics, and Metabolomics
۲۵. Membrane Receptors and Signal Transduction
۲۷. Biochemical Endocrinology
۲۸. Cellular Homeostasis: Cell Growth and Cancer
۳۰. Digestion and Absorption of Nutrients: The Gastrointestinal Tract
۳۱. Glucose Homeostasis and Fuel Metabolism: Diabetes Mellitus
۳۲. Nutrients and Diets
۳۳. Lipoprotein Metabolism and Atherogenesis
۳۴. Role of the Liver in Metabolism
۳۵. Water and Electrolytes Homeostasis
۳۶. The Lung and the Regulation of Hydrogen Ion Concentration (Acid–Base Balance)
۳۷. Muscle: Energy Metabolism, Contraction, and Exercise
۳۸. Bone Metabolism and Calcium Homeostasis
۴۰. Blood and Plasma Proteins
۴۱. Hemostasis and Thrombosis
۴۲. Oxidative Stress and Inflammation
۴۳. The Immune Response: Innate and Adaptive Immunity
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=358994
نویسنده : John W Baynes PhD
ناشر : Elsevier; 6th edition
سال انتشار : 2023
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 848 به همراه کانتنت و ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 0323834507
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $63.00
حجم فایل : 34 MB