Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis demonstrates how to apply the core clinical skills learned from the companion textbook Macleod’s Clinical Examination to maximum advantage. Charting the course from routine work-up to diagnosis, this book presents a modern and realistic approach to clinical assessment and explains how to integrate information obtained from the history, examination, bedside tests and specialised investigations.
- The first section Principles of clinical assessment examines different approaches to diagnosis, reviews the fundamental elements necessary for accurate patient assessment, provides a helpful template for a ‘routine workup’ and describes how to adapt the assessment to fit the clinical context.
- The second core section of the book Assessment of common presenting problems contains a series of ‘diagnostic guides’ that lead the reader, step-by-step through the major presenting problems in medicine and surgery, explaining how to recognise red flag features, eliminate life-threatening conditons and generate a logical differential diagnosis.
This book has been praised as an invaluable resource for senior medical students and junior doctors as they attempt to make the difficult transition from mastering basic clinical skills to assessing patients in the real world of clinical medicine.
- A unique book allowing a reader to apply the skills of clinical examination in the formulation of a differential diagnosis and placing a patient’s symptoms in context.
- Takes a problem-based approach to diagnostic reasoning, reflecting both modern medical and current educational practices.
- Builds on the clinical skills outlined in the companion Macleod’s Clinical Examination textbook.
For this Second Edition the text has been expanded with five new topics covering nausea and vomiting; vaginal bleeding; red eye; urinary incontinence; and weight loss.
۱ What’s in a diagnosis?
۲ Assessing patients
۳ The diagnostic process
۴ Abdominal pain
۵ Breast lump
۶ Chest pain
۷ Coma and altered consciousness
۱۵ Gastrointestinal haemorrhage
۲۰ Joint swelling
۲۱ Leg swelling
۲۲ Limb weakness
۲۳ Low back pain
۲۴ Mobility problems
۲۵ Nausea and vomiting
۲۸ Red eye
۲۹ Scrotal swelling
۳۱ Transient loss of consciousness
۳۲ Urinary incontinence
۳۳ Vaginal bleeding
۳۴ Weight loss
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=81513
نویسنده : Alan G Japp MBChB(Hons) BSc(Hons) MRCP PhD
ناشر : Elsevier; 2 edition
سال انتشار : 2018
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 328
(ISBN) شابک : 0702069612
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $39.78
حجم فایل : 8 MB