Designed to teach you to think like an experienced clinician, this unique resource places as much value on process as it does on content. A case-based organization hones in on the must-know differential diagnoses of the common surgical presentations. Its convenient pocket-sized format enables you to review the material on the go, and online access via Student Consult enhances your study of the material and exponentially boosts your reference power.
- Provides high-yield core information essential to surgical rotations in a portable, pocket-sized format.
- Uses a color-coded system that places the core surgical information in a framework of the ACGME Core Competencies.
- Offers self-assessment activities throughout to promote retention and application of knowledge, including access on line to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads).
- Features ACGME Core Competencies enabling you to integrate evidence based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine.
- Includes features such as “Speaking Intelligently and “Clinical Thinking in each chapter to help you see the “big picture.
- Organizes the most common and must-know surgical signs/symptoms and disorders by presentation, making reference simple.
- Presents “Teaching Visuals―an interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts.
- Equips you to perform a more in-depth review of surgical topics with “Clinical Entities that are referenced to top surgical references.
- Includes access to Student Consult at www.studentconsult.com, where you’ll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable • “Integration Links” to bonus content in other Student Consult titles • M&M form • Self-Assessment Competency Log • Professors Pearls that provide cases with questions and annotated answers • Vertical Reads • and much more!
Section I: Introduction to the Competencies
Section II: Cases in Abdominal Pain
Section III: Cases in Surgical Oncology
Section IV: Cases in Vascular Surgery
Section V: Cases in GI Bleeding
Section VI: Cases in Postoperative Care
Section VII: Cases in Trauma
Section VIII: Bariatric Surgery
Section IX: Cases in Cardiothoracic Surgery
Section X: Cases in Pediatric Surgery
Section XI: Cases in Transplantation
Section XII: Critical Care
Section XIII: The Competencies: Challenges and Patient Perspectives
Section XIV: Operations
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=91708
نویسنده : Barry D. Mann
ناشر : Saunders; 1 edition
سال انتشار : 2008
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 808
(ISBN) شابک : 1416037470
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $40.45
حجم فایل : 14 MB