The Gale Encyclopedia Of Senior Health: A Guide For Seniors And Their Caregivers, ۲nd edition, is a four-color, five-volume set of over 650 entries and presents authoritative, comprehensive information on all aspects of senior health. Entries follow the format of Gale health/medicine titles and cover a variety of issues related to aging: diseases/conditions; treatment, rehabilitation, and recovery; aging, general health, and death/dying; preventative lifestyle choices; and community and caregiving options. Over 400 tables and illustrations, a new foreword and thematic outline, a glossary, a list of organizations, and an index complete the set.
Features and Benefits
- The set’s 664 entries are written by medical writers and healthcare professionals.
- Over 400 images, including approximately 250 color photos and nearly 200 tables/charts/illustrations/graphs, illustrate the set.
- Key Terms sidebars provide definitions to specialized vocabulary used within the text.
- Questions to Ask Your Doctor sidebars encourage readers to discuss specific concerns about diagnosis, treatment, and care with their healthcare providers.
- Special concerns for seniors sections inform readers about specific issues relevant to seniors in entries explaining broader health topics.
- A list of organizations, a glossary of all key terms, and an index in the back matter guide readers to additional health/support resources, offer a comprehensive definition of key terms, and allow for searchability within the set.
- ۷۳ new entries and 229 updated entries offer new information on continually changing issues in senior health diagnosis, care, and prevention.
- Added entries on such topics as “Clostridium difficile,” “End-of-Life Decision Making,” “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,” and “Prescription Drug Misuse” address many growing concerns and challenges that seniors face.
- Classic entries have updated bibliographies and updated statistics where needed so that every entry has at least some added value over the last edition.
- ۱۰۵ new color images and 179 new and updated tables/charts/graphs offer current and relevant health statistics.
- New front matter features–foreword and thematic outline–contextualize the set and allow readers to identify entries based on theme and/or category.
- At the end of each entry see also references direct reader to related entries within the product.
Volume 1: A–B
Volume 2: C–E
Volume 3: F–L
Volume 4: M–R
Volume 5: S–Z
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=31061
نویسنده : Gale
ناشر : Gale Research Inc; 002 edition
سال انتشار : 2015
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 2417
(ISBN) شابک : 1573027464
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $750.00
حجم فایل : 56 MB