This ninth edition of the Textbook of Family Medicine, edited by Drs. Robert E. Rakel and David P. Rakel, remains your #1 choice for complete guidance on the principles of family medicine, primary care in the community, and all aspects of clinical practice. Ideal for both residents and practicing physicians, this medical reference book includes evidence-based, practical information to optimize patient care and prepare you for the ABFM exam. A clean, quick-reference layout makes it easy for you to put information to work immediately in your practice.
- Gain a new understanding of the patient-centered medical home and how to achieve this status in outpatient clinics.
- Make the most effective care decisions with help from “Evidence vs. Harm” icons that guide you through key treatments of common medical conditions.
- Take advantage of today’s most useful online resources with a convenient list of outstanding clinical websites.
- Quickly spot “Best Evidence Recommendations” with special boxes located throughout the text, and glean helpful tips on diagnosis and therapy from “Key Points” boxes found on every page.
- Quickly access content with an efficient new layout that includes more than 1,000 tables and full-color illustrations; treatment boxes for a concise overview of how to treat various conditions; Grade A SORT recommendations; and key points highlighting the major takeaways of each chapter.
- Take advantage of an enhanced focus on team-based care as the role of primary care providers evolves, and stay up to date on the most current practice guidelines with evidence-based information throughout.
- View 30 immersive procedural videos online from Procedures Consult, including chest tube placement, knee injection, vasectomy, vaginal tear repair, skin biopsy, colposcopy, IUD insertion, and more.
- Remain at the forefront of the field with coverage on self-care, the emergence of tobacco alternatives such as e-cigarettes, and the changing picture of cancer in America.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
The Textbook of Family Medicine continues to provide the latest, most comprehensive coverage of family medicine practice.
Doody’s Review Service
Reviewer: Vincent F. Carr, DO, MSA, FACC, FACP (Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences)
This is the eighth edition of a comprehensive book for family physicians, particularly those preparing for their certification examinations. The previous edition was published in 2007.
It is designed to cover the topics frequently encountered in the clinical practice of family medicine. All of the contributors are family physicians.
It covers all the concepts of family medicine very well, from the opening chapters that define what family physicians are and their role in the health of the entire family by describing the concept of the patient-centered medical home, preventative care, care of the elderly and dying patient, and understanding and applying evidence-based medicine. The book is then broken into common diagnoses with chapters on infectious diseases, pulmonary medicine, etc. There are extensive tables, key points, and full-color figures. There is an access key to a full-text web-based version that is very easy to navigate with excellent graphics. As noted in the book, the reference list is on the website, not in the print version.
This is an extremely well-written, well-produced book and a necessary addition to one’s personal professional library.
Weighted Numerical Score: 100 – ۵ Stars!
۱. The Family Physician
۲. The Patient-Centered Medical Home
۳. Psychosocial Influences on Health
۴. Care of the Elderly Patient
۵. Care of the Dying Patient
۶. Care of the Self
۷. Preventive Health Care
۸. Behavioral Change and Patient Empowerment
۹. Interpreting the Medical Literature: Applying Evidence-Based Medicine in Practice
۱۰. Information Technology
۱۱. Clinical Problem Solving
۱۲. Integrative Medicine
۱۳. Establishing Rapport
۱۴. Interpreting Laboratory Tests
۱۵. Infectious Diseases
۱۶. Pulmonary Medicine
۲۱. Care of the Newborn
۲۲. Growth and Development
۲۳. Behavioral Problems in Children and Adolescents
۲۴. Child Abuse
۲۷. Cardiovascular Disease
۲۸. Common Office Procedures
۲۹. Sports Medicine
۳۰. Common Issues in Orthopedics
۳۱. Back and Neck Pain
۳۲. Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Problems
۳۴. Diabetes Mellitus
۳۷. Nutrition and Family Medicine
۴۰. Urinary Tract Disorders
۴۲. Human Sexuality
۴۳. Clinical Genomics
۴۴. Crisis Intervention, Trauma, and Disasters
۴۵. Difficult Encounters: Patients with Personality Disorders
۴۶. Anxiety and Depression
۴۷. Delirium and Dementia
۴۸. Alcohol Use Disorders
۴۹. Nicotine Addiction
۵۰. Substance Use Disorders
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=9511
نویسنده : Robert E. Rakel MD , David Rakel MD
ناشر : Saunders; 9 edition
سال انتشار : 2016
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 1447
(ISBN) شابک : 0323239900
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $128.68
حجم فایل : 46 MB