The 5th edition of this now classic text draws on the strength of previous editions and now includes reference to the latest surgical techniques available in Europe, Australia and the USA. Emphasis remains on the continually expanding use of fixation techniques although conservative management remains an integral part of the text. The artwork programme – which so characterises the appeal and success of previous editions – has been fully updated although its clarity remains as strong as ever and the logical sequence of illustrations with their succinct captions affords a rewarding and effective way to learn.
- New edition of this popular and highly respected book.
- Practical, step-by-step guide to fracture assessment and management.
- Contains discussion of traditional conservative techniques for managing fractures.
- Combines clear line diagrams, drawn by the author, with lucid, concise text in logical sequence.
- Expanded coverage of deep venous thrombosis.
- Includes new devices and techniques, for example locked plate systems, and the use of vacuum dressings in soft tissue management.
- New sections on ‘damage control’ orthopaedics, minimally invasive surgical techniques, MRSA, HIV and AIDS, and bone loss.
- New clinical imaging.
“This concise work fulfills the important role of introducing medical students to orthopedic trauma. Additionally, it teaches orthopedic residents, in a step-by-step manner, the correct ways to assess and manage fractures and dislocations. General orthopedists caring for trauma patients can benefit greatly from this book. I strongly recommend it without reservation.”
Edward Abraham, MD(University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine),DOODY’S BOOK REVIEW SERVICE UPDATE, October 2008
About the Author
Ronald McRae, (retired orthopaedic surgeon); and Max Esser, Othopaedic Surgeon, Cabrini Medical Centre, Victoria, Australia –This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
SECTION A: GENERAL PRINCIPLES
Pathology and healing of fractures
The diagnosis of fractures and principles of treatment
Closed reduction and casting techniques in fracture management
Open fractures: internal fixation
Factors affecting healing; complications; pathological fractures
SECTION B: REGIONAL INJURIES
The shoulder girdle and humerus
Injuries about the elbow
Injuries to the forearm bones
The wrist and hand
The pelvis, hip and femoral neck
Fractures of the femur and injuries about the knee
Fractures of the tibia
Injuries about the ankle
The fracture clinic
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=18436
نویسنده : Ronald McRae FRCS(Eng Glas) FChS(Hon) AIMBI
ناشر : Churchill Livingstone; 5 edition
سال انتشار : 2009
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 468
(ISBN) شابک : 0443068763
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $68.94
حجم فایل : 18 MB