Walter and Miller’s Textbook of Radiotherapy is a key textbook for therapeutic radiography students as well as trainee clinical and medical oncologists, clinical physicists and technologists. The book is divided into 2 sections. The first section covers physics and provides a comprehensive review of radiotherapy physics. This section is designed to be non-physicist friendly, to simply and clearly explain the physical principles upon which radiotherapy and its technology are based. The second section is a systematic review by tumour site giving an up to date summary of radiotherapy practice. The title also covers the place of chemotherapy, surgery and non-radiotherapy treatments as well as the principles of cancer patient treatment including supportive care and palliative treatments. It is a comprehensive must-have resource for anyone studying therapeutic radiotherapy.
- Highly illustrated in full colour including 350 photographs.
- Clearly and simply explains the fundamental physics for clinicians
- Gives an up to date summary of radiotherapy practice organised by tumour site making it very easy to navigate.
- Describes the wide range of devices and clearly explains the principles behind their operation.
- Comprehensively explains the calculation models of dose predictions for treatment preparation.
- Heavy emphasis on how clinical trials have influenced current practice.
- Shows how radiobiological knowledge has influenced current practice such as the fractionation regimens for breast and prostate cancer
- Proton therapy; machines, dose measurement, covering the clinical advantages and pitfalls of this treatment modality.
- New radiotherapy modalities such as stereotactic radiotherapy, types of intensity modulated radiotherapy and imaged guided radiotherapy are comprehensively covered as are recent advances in chemotherapy and molecular targeted therapy.
- In depth coverage of dose measurement and new devices.
۱ Atoms, Nuclei and Radioactivity
۲ Interactions of Ionising Radiation With Matter
۳ Radiation Detection and Measurement
۴ Radiation Protection
۵ Imaging With X-Ray, Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Ultrasound
۶ Imaging With Radionuclides
۷ Therapy With Unsealed Radionuclides
۸ Radiotherapy Devices With Kilovoltage X-Rays and Radioisotopes
۹ Beam Production: Megavoltage Accelerators
۱۰ Radiation Treatment Planning: Immobilisation, Localisation and Verification Techniques
۱۱ Radiation Treatment Planning: Beam Models, Principles and Practice
۱۲ Networking, Data, Image Handling and Computing in Radiotherapy
۱۳ Quality Control
۱۴ Quality Management in Radiotherapy
۱۵ Epidemiology of Cancer and Screening
۱۶ Biological and Pathological Introduction
۱۷ Molecular, Cellular and Tissue Effects of Radiotherapy
۱۸ Principles of Management of Patients With Cancer
۱۹ Chemotherapy and Hormones
۲۰ Skin and Lip Cancer
۲۱ Head and Neck Cancer—General Principles
۲۲ Sino-Nasal, Oral, Larynx and Pharynx Cancers
۲۳ Thyroid Cancer
۲۴ Gastrointestinal Cancer
۲۵ Tumours of the Thorax
۲۶ Breast Cancer
۲۷ Gynaecological Cancer
۲۸ Cancer of Kidney, Bladder, Prostate, Testis, Urethra and Penis
۲۹ Lymphoma and Disease of Bone Marrow
۳۰ Tumours of the Central Nervous System
۳۱ Eye and Orbit
۳۳ Principles of Paediatric Oncology
۳۴ Care of Patients During Radiotherapy
۳۵ Medical Complications of Malignant Disease
۳۶ Proton Beam Therapy
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=170466
نویسنده : Paul R Symonds TD MD FRCP FRCR
ناشر : Elsevier; 8th edition
سال انتشار : 2019
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 641
(ISBN) شابک : 0702074853
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $113.42
حجم فایل : 45 MB