“I really like the design and clinical focus of this book and believe that it will stimulate critical thinking among its transatlantic target audience” (Hazel Edwards, Senior Sonographer, Lister Hospital, Stevenage)
Organized by clinical problem rather than by body system, Clinical Guide to Sonography enables you to quickly find information related to the symptom being reported by the patient. This unique format covers various pathologies that may be related to a patient’s symptoms, and features illustrations and sonograms that demonstrate each pathology. The book is divided into five major sections: abdomen, obstetrics, gynecology, superficial structures, and a miscellaneous section to include pediatric and vascular clinical indications. Each chapter within those sections focuses on a clinical indication, and incorporates background information, a clinical scenario, discussions of pathologies and differential diagnoses, illustrations, sonograms, patient scenarios with multiple choice and case-based questions to ensure you have a solid understanding of the material.
- Symptom-based presentation makes it easy for beginning and experienced sonographers to quickly find information related to the patient’s symptom.
- Summary tables of differential diagnoses and sonographic findings provide you with a brief overview of all chapter material for quick reference.
- Clinical scenarios at the beginning of each chapterhelp you learn to apply information to the clinical setting.
- Case studies and discussion questions give you the opportunity to enhance your critical-thinking skills and measure your comprehension of material.
- Over 900 ultrasound images correlated to the pathology illustrate what you’ll encounter in the clinical setting.
- Glossary helps you define important terminology.
- New chapters provide you with more complete coverage of the pathology sonographers encounter in practice.
- New case studies with critical-thinking questions set up realistic situations for you to use as a frame of reference.
- ۶۰۰ updated images produced by the latest technology keep you on the cutting-edge of sonography.
- Instructor access to multiple-choice and image based test questions
“This book covers a wide range of ultrasound examinations looking at the clinical question first. It is written for sonographers and student sonographers by two Academics and a sonographer. Because this book is written by American authors some terminology will be incorrect in the UK setting. […] However, as long as the reader is aware of this, most Ultrasound Departments will find this a useful resource to have on their shelves and use for CPD.” Reviewed by: Allison Harris, Clinical Co-Ordinator, City University London, Date: Oct 14
“I really like the design and clinical focus of this book and believe that it will stimulate critical thinking among its transatlantic target audience. For UK readers, though, I feel it has less appeal.” Reviewed by: RAD Magazine Date: July 2014
۱ Right Upper Quadrant Pain
۲ Liver Mass
۳ Diffuse Liver Disease
۴ Epigastric Pain
۶ Rule Out Renal Failure
۷ Renal Mass: Cystic versus Solid
۸ Left Upper Quadrant Pain
۹ Pediatric Mass
۱۰ Suspect Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
۱۱ Suspect Appendicitis
۱۲ Suspect Pyloric Stenosis or Other Gastrointestinal Findings
۱۳ Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
۱۴ Localize Intrauterine Device
۱۵ Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
۱۷ Ovarian Mass
۱۸ Uncertain Last Menstrual Period
۱۹ Size Greater than Dates
۲۰ Size Less than Dates
۲۱ Bleeding with Pregnancy
۲۲ Multiple Gestation
۲۳ Elevated Alpha Fetoprotein
۲۴ Genetic Testing
۲۵ Fetal Anomaly
۲۶ Abnormal Fetal Echocardiography
۲۷ Breast Mass
۲۸ Scrotal Mass and Scrotal Pain
۲۹ Neck Mass
۳۰ Elevated Prostate Specific Antigen
۳۱ Hip Dysplasia
۳۲ Premature Birth: Rule Out Germinal Matrix Hemorrhage
۳۳ Neonatal Spinal Dimple
۳۴ Carotid Artery Disease
۳۵ Leg Pain
۳۶ Claudication: Peripheral Arterial Disease
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=139837
نویسنده : Charlotte Henningsen
ناشر : Mosby; 2 edition
سال انتشار : 2014
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 538
(ISBN) شابک : 9780323091640
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $85.51
حجم فایل : 100 MB