Despite being a relatively straightforward clinical diagnosis, recognition of hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is highly variable, and clinical management is challenging and complex. Written by the world’s leading experts in HS, A Comprehensive Guide to Hidradenitis Suppurativa brings together up-to-date scientific evidence on the diagnosis, patho-mechanisms, comorbidities, and multi-faceted medical and surgical interventions for this debilitating condition―in one convenient reference.
- Covers every aspect of this complex skin disorder: etiology, pathophysiology, epidemiology, medical, alternative therapies, a range of surgical options, laser treatments, and comorbidities.
- Discusses specific patient populations such as children, women of childbearing potential, and pregnant and breastfeeding women. Because HS has higher prevalence in people of skin of color, this patient population is well-documented in the text.
- Offers insights into multi-disciplinary care, patient support and education, patients at risk for rapid disease progression, and clinical and translational research.
- Features procedural videos covering laser therapies, de-roofing procedures, excision techniques, cryoinsufflation techniques, and special wound care material selection and techniques.
- Includes promising future drugs and therapies that are under investigation.
- Identifies evidence gaps that provide a springboard to the future innovations in HS care to come.
- Edited and authored by global experts who have helped co-author U.S., Canadian, and European guidelines on HS.
About the Author
۱. Historical Perspective on Hidradenitis Suppurativa
۲. Hidradenitis Suppurativa Epidemiology
۳. Clinical Manifestation and Phenotypes of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
۴. Hidradenitis Suppurativa Differential Diagnosis and Mimickers
۵. Histopathology of the Pilosebaceous Unit and Interstitium of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
۶. Imaging Techniques in Hidradenitis Suppurativa and Comorbidities
۷. Clinical Evaluation
۸. Comorbidities and Systemic Associations
۹. Disease Complications
۱۰. Follicular Occlusion and Inflammation
۱۱. Microbiota Perturbations in Hidradenitis Suppurativa
۱۲. Genetics and Epigenetics of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
۱۳. Disease Evaluation and Outcome Measures
۱۴. Overview and Comparison of Hidradenitis Suppurativa Management Guidelines
۱۵. Topical Therapeutics
۱۶. Systemic Antibiotics in Hidradenitis Suppurativa
۱۷. Non-Antibiotic and Non-Biologic Systemic Therapeutics
۱۸. Targeted Therapeutics: Biologics, Small Molecules
۱۹. Pain and Itch Control
۲۰. Dressings and Wound Care Supplies for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
۲۱. Quality of Life
۲۲. Office-Based Non-Excision Procedures
۲۳. Operative Techniques for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
۲۴. Office-Based Excision for Hidradenitis Suppurativa: A Surgeon’s Decades-Long Experience
۲۵. Laser and Light Treatments for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
۲۶. Hidradenitis Suppurativa—Other Procedural Treatments
۲۷. Lifestyle Modifications
۲۸. Complementary and Alternative Medicine
۲۹. Pediatric Hidradenitis Suppurativa
۳۰. Skin of Color
۳۱. Hidradenitis Suppurativa in Women
۳۲. Building a Multidisciplinary Hidradenitis Suppurativa Clinic
۳۳. Support Groups in Hidradenitis Suppurativa—Building a Community
۳۴. Pipeline Therapeutics
۳۵. The Future
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=255989
نویسنده : Vivian Y. Shi MD
ناشر : Elsevier; 1st edition
سال انتشار : 2022
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 354
(ISBN) شابک : 0323777244
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $121.74
حجم فایل : 25 MB