Field Guide to Wilderness Medicine – based on Dr. Auerbach’s critically acclaimed text Wilderness Medicine – offers fast-access solutions to all of the medical situations that can occur in non-traditional settings. From backpack to kayak, or on any mobile device, this indispensable, compact survival guide is detailed enough to cover the clinical presentation and treatment of a full range of wilderness emergencies!
- Meet a full-range of emergency situations with the utmost effectiveness. Appendices address everything from environment-specific situations to lists of essential supplies, medicines, and many additional topics of care.
- Compare what you are seeing with line drawings and color plates to quickly and accurately identify skin manifestations, plants, poisonous mushrooms, snakes, spiders, insects, etc.
- Rapidly retrieve and comprehend wilderness survival information with the aid of an easily accessible format featuring “Signs and Symptoms” and “Treatment” sections in most chapters – combined with bulleted lists and text boxes.
- Improvise with available materials so you can diagnose and treat a myriad of medical situations with step-by-step how-to explanations and the latest practical advice from wilderness medicine experts.
- Get guidance on the go with online access to the fully searchable text at Expert Consult, plus bonus downloadable files for Survival Kits.
- Get the wilderness medicine skills you need now with new chapters on foot problems and care, global humanitarian relief and disaster medicine, Leave No Trace principles, and high-altitude medicine, as well as lists to prepare a variety of survival kits for different settings and patient populations.
- Improve your competency and readiness with thoroughly revised chapters on shock, maxillofacial trauma, malaria, improvised litters and carries, aeromedical transport, pain management, life-threatening emergencies, and allergic reactions.
About the Author
Dr. Auerbach holds his MD from Duke and completed his internship at Dartmouth and residency at UCLA. He is certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine. He has been recognized as a Hero of Emergency Medicine by the American College of Emergency Physicians and received the New Orleans Grand Isle Award for Science from the Academy of Underwater Arts and Sciences, the Founders Award from the Wilderness Medical Society, and the Outstanding Contribution in Education Award from the American College of Emergency Physicians, among others. Dr. Auerbach has served as a volunteer physician in Haiti, Nepal, and Guatemala.
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=8328
نویسنده : Paul S. Auerbach MD MS FACEP FAWM
ناشر : Mosby; 4 edition
سال انتشار : 2013
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 1024
(ISBN) شابک : 0323100457
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $49.32
حجم فایل : 22 MB