Offering complete, practical guidance on the evaluation of the surgical pathology specimen, the Manual of Surgical Pathology concentrates decades of experience from the faculty and staff of one of the busiest and most respected pathology departments in the world. From a specimen’s arrival in the department to preparation of the final report, you’ll find step-by-step instructions on specimen processing, tissue handling, gross dissection technique, histological examination, application of special stains, development of a differential diagnosis, and more. The fully revised 4th Edition is an invaluable reference for practicing pathologists, residents, and pathology assistants as a practical, everyday resource for learning and applying optimal specimen evaluation as well as an excellent guide for board review.
- Helps you find information quickly with a user-friendly design, concise paragraphs, numbered lists, and bulleted material throughout the text.
- Reflects the latest AJCC staging information, as well as updates throughout on reporting procedures, protocols, and safety.
- Offers detailed instructions on the dissection, description, and sampling of specimens, and explains the application of pathology reports to patient management.
- Provides procedures for new types of specimens including pulmonary image guided resections, endoscopic mucosal resection, endoscopic submucosal dissection, laparoscopic hysterectomy, or nephrectomy morcellation, vertical sleeve gastrectomy, and evaluation of breast implant capsules with a clinical suspicion of lymphoma
- Features dozens of illustrations that demonstrate the gross appearance of common pathologic lesions, and more than 150 tables that examine the interpretation of histochemical stains, immunohistochemical studies, electron microscopy findings, cytogenetic changes, and much more.
- Examines the specimens from every organ and system as well as bullets, medical devices, and foreign materials.
- Includes a new chapter on occupational hazards for pathologists ranging from visual and musculoskeletal problems to exposure and prevention of workplace acquired infection and cancer.
۱. Requests for Pathologic Evaluation
۲. Specimen Processing: From Gross Specimens to Tissue Cassettes
۳. The Histology Laboratory—What the Pathologist Needs to Know—From Tissue Cassettes to Glass Slides
۴. The Surgical Pathology Report: From the Glass Slide to the Final Diagnosis
۵. Special Studies
۶. Occupational Hazards
۷. Microscopy and Photography
۸. Adrenal Gland
۹. Amputations and Large Resections
۱۰. Small Biopsies
۱۱. Bone and Joints
۱۳. Cardiovascular Specimens
۱۴. Cytology Specimens
۱۶. Gastrointestinal Specimens
۱۷. Genitourinary Specimens
۱۸. Gross Examination
۱۹. Gynecologic and Perinatal Pathology
۲۰. Head and Neck and Laryngeal Specimens
۲۱. Hernia Sac
۲۲. Lung and Pleura
۲۳. Lymph Nodes, Spleen, and Bone Marrow
۲۴. Medical Devices and Foreign Material
۲۸. Soft Tissue Tumors (Sarcomas)
۳۰. Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=356499
نویسنده : Susan C. Lester MD PhD
ناشر : Elsevier; 4th edition
سال انتشار : 2023
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 578 به همراه کانتنت و ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 0323546323
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $209.99
حجم فایل : $209.99