Now thoroughly revised to reflect state-of-the-art advances in the field, Botulinum Toxin in Facial Rejuvenation, 2nd Edition, covers the entire range of the use of botulinum toxin for cosmetic purposes. Dr. Kate Coleman offers practical guidance for safe handling, selection and assessment of patients, potential complications and pitfalls, and aesthetic techniques, as well as comparative modalities and long-term management. This is an ideal resource for anyone who offers this sought-after procedure, including cosmetic surgeons, oculoplastic surgeons, dermatologists, physician’s assistants, and registered nurses.
- Features new, unique coverage of long-term management, picturing the same original patients 15 years later, as well as observations on how treatments should be adjusted as the patient gets older in order to respond to natural changes in bone density and underlying support structures.
- Presents new knowledge on neuromodulation and how treatment can be used to ‘retrain’ expressions to provide fewer frowns lines and better facial symmetry.
- Offers comparative information on other modalities such as laser and hyaluronic acid, as well as potential risk factors, so you can choose the best procedure for each patient.
- Discusses the various forms of botulinum toxin currently available on the market, with an emphasis on Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport.
- Uses full-color clinical photos of pre-, peri-, and post-operative results to illustrate nuances of techniques as well as the effectiveness of botulinum toxin on wrinkles and scars for the major facial areas.
- Provides current guidelines on treatment methods and best practices for reconstitution and storage.
- Discusses which patients may be at risk for adverse effects―or “worsening results”―and offers suitable alternatives.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
۱ Historical background
۲ Botulinum toxin: Mode of action and serotypes
۳ Clinical indications and use
۴ Patient preparation and injection skills
۵ Patient selection: The art of understanding neuromodulation and symmetry
۶ The art of patient selection and short- and long-term management
۷ Contraindications and complications
۸ Management of crows feet
۹ Management of forehead wrinkles
۱۰ Treatment of the perioral region, the neck and scars
۱۱ Other solutions
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=124674
نویسنده : Kate Coleman BSc PhD FRCS FRCOphth
ناشر : Elsevier; 2 edition
سال انتشار : 2020
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 128
(ISBN) شابک : 0702077860
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $99.99
حجم فایل : 0702077860