Body Systems readers about the systems of the human body is a health reference product designed to inform and educate —how they function, develop, and age; the common diseases that afflict each system; and what preventative measures one may take to keep each system functioning well. Cengage Learning believes the product to be comprehensive, but not necessarily definitive. It is intended to supplement, not replace, consultation with physicians or other healthcare practitioners. While Cengage Learning has made substantial efforts to provide information that is accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date, Cengage Learning makes no representations or warranties of any kind, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, comprehensiveness, or timeliness of the information contained in this product. Readers should be aware that the universe of medical knowledge is constantly growing and changing, and that differences of opinion exist among authorities. Readers are also advised to seek professional diagnosis and treatment for any medical condition, and to discuss information obtained from this book with their healthcare provider.
The chapters in Body Systems were written to be understood by anyone with a curiosity about human anatomy, physiology, and health. Since chapters are arranged by body system, a detailed list of discussed topics are listed by body system in the frontmatter to help users navigate the chapters by their specific interests.
Each chapter in this 2 volume set is devoted to a single body system, and begins with a full page illustration of that system. The rest of each chapter is organized under 5 standard rubrics, with further subdivisions as needed:
• Overview: Defines and provides a brief description of the system; lists the types of specials who are experts on the system and the training they have received and the common equipment they use to do their job
• Function: Outlines the processes and role of the system, and identifies where there is cross functionality with another system
• Life stages: Discusses the development of the system from prenatal development to late adulthood, and the common conditions possible at each stage of life
• Diseases: Provides information on the most common diseases associated with the system, including causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis for each
• Wellness: Focuses on the preventative measure and healthy choices that can keep the system running smoothly, including healthy food options and types of exercise along with the benefits, precautions, and Concerns that go along with each.
Hematologic and lymphatic system
Reproductive system: female
Reproductive system: male
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=79395
نویسنده : Gale
ناشر : Gale Research Inc; 001 edition
سال انتشار : 2014
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 835
(ISBN) شابک : 1573027189
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $608.00
حجم فایل : 100 MB