Clinical Chemistry considers what happens to the body’s chemistry when affected by disease. It provides introductory coverage of the scientific basis for biochemistry tests routinely used in medicine – including tests for the assessment of organ function, diagnosis and monitoring disease activity and therapy efficacy. Each topic area begins with a concise description of the underlying physiological and biochemical principles and then applies them to patient investigation and management. The regular use of case histories helps further emphasise clinical relevance and chapter key points, as well as provide a useful starting point for examination revision.
The clear and engaging writing style appreciated by generations of readers has been retained in this ninth edition, while the content has been thoroughly updated throughout. The approach and scope of this trusted text makes it ideal for integrated medical curricula, for medical training and for students and practitioners of clinical and biomedical science. The complementary eBook version, including additional cases and self-assessment material, completes this superb learning package.
- Updated to incorporate the latest changes in practice – including new tests and the most recent evidence-based guidance – plus a new chapter on clinical chemistry in pediatrics.
- Figures, tables, boxes, and case studies aid understanding and learning.
- ‘Light bulb’ sections give practical advice and clarify difficult concepts or potential pitfalls.
- New ‘Red flag’ boxes highlight the results which should cause immediate concern to clinicians.
- Updated references to core guidelines reflect latest best practice.
- BONUS materials on Student Consult include interactive clinical cases and MCQs – to reinforce interpretive skills, check understanding and aid exam preparation.
۱. An Introduction to Biochemistry and Cell Biology
۲. Biochemical Investigations in Clinical Medicine
۳. Water, Sodium and Potassium
۴. Hydrogen Ion Homoeostasis and Blood Gases
۵. The Kidneys
۶. The Liver
۷. The Gastrointestinal Tract
۸. Clinical Nutrition
۹. The Hypothalamus and the Pituitary Gland
۱۰. The Adrenal Glands
۱۱. The Thyroid Gland
۱۲. The Gonads
۱۳. Disorders of Carbohydrate Metabolism
۱۴. Calcium, Phosphate and Magnesium
۱۵. Bones and Joints
۱۶. Plasma Proteins and Enzymes
۱۷ Lipids, Lipoproteins and Cardiovascular Disease
۱۸. Muscles, Nerves and Psychiatric Disorders
۱۹. Inherited Metabolic Diseases
۲۰. Disorders of Haemoproteins, Porphyrins and Iron
۲۱. Metabolic Aspects of Malignant Disease
۲۲. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring and Chemical Aspects of Toxicology
۲۳. Clinical Chemistry at the Extremes of Age
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=246655
نویسنده : William J. Marshall MA PhD
ناشر : Elsevier; 9th edition
سال انتشار : 2021
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 416
(ISBN) شابک : 0702079367
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $54.99
حجم فایل : 18 MB