Acclaimed for its clear, friendly style, excellent illustrations, leading author team, and compelling theme of exploration, Neuroscience: Exploring the Brain, 4e takes a fresh, contemporary approach to the study of neuroscience, emphasizing the biological basis of behavior. The authors’ passion for the dynamic field of neuroscience is evident on every page, engaging students and helping them master the material.
In just a few years, the field of neuroscience has been transformed by exciting new technologies and an explosion of knowledge about the brain. The human genome has been sequenced, sophisticated new methods have been developed for genetic engineering, and new methods have been introduced to enable visualization and stimulation of specific types of nerve cells and connections in the brain. The new Fourth Edition has been fully updated to reflect these and other rapid advances in the field, while honoring its commitment to be student-friendly with striking new illustrations, additional animations, and an unparalleled array of online resources.
- “Path of Discovery” boxes by leading experts in the field (including Nobel Prize winners) showcase actual research experiences, illuminating real-life paths to scientific discovery.
- Illustrations and animations make complex concepts easier to understand.
- A neuroanatomy atlas insert (Appendix to Chapter 7) provides large images that highlight the anatomy of the brain, along with a self-quiz that gives students an opportunity to check their understanding.
- “Of Special Interest” boxes provide interesting facts and topics that connect theory with real-life neuroscience applications.
- “Brain food” boxes provide additional information on key topics.
About the Author(s)
Mark F. Bear PhD
Barry W. Connors PhD
Michael A. Paradiso PhD
CHAPTER ONE: Neuroscience: Past, Present, and Future
CHAPTER TWO: Neurons and Glia
CHAPTER THREE: The Neuronal Membrane at Rest
CHAPTER FOUR: The Action Potential
CHAPTER FIVE: Synaptic Transmission
CHAPTER SIX: Neurotransmitter Systems
CHAPTER SEVEN: The Structure of the Nervous System
CHAPTER EIGHT: The Chemical Senses
CHAPTER NINE: The Eye
CHAPTER TEN: The Central Visual System
CHAPTER ELEVEN: The Auditory and Vestibular Systems
CHAPTER TWELVE: The Somatic Sensory System
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Spinal Control of Movement
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Brain Control of Movement
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Chemical Control of the Brain and Behavior
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Motivation
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: S3x and the Brain
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Brain Mechanisms of Emotion
CHAPTER NINETEEN: Brain Rhythms and Sleep
CHAPTER TWENTY: Language
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: The Resting Brain, Attention, and Consciousness
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: Mental Illness
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: Wiring the Brain
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: Memory Systems
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: Molecular Mechanisms of Learning and Memory
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=8140
نویسنده : Mark F. Bear , Barry W. Connors , Michael A. Paradiso
ناشر : LWW; Fourth, North American Edition edition
سال انتشار : 2015
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 1008
(ISBN) شابک : 0781778174
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $104.95
حجم فایل : 46 MB