For 20 years, instructors have relied on the textbook Biological Psychology for a definitive and comprehensive survey of the neuroscience of behavior. Thanks to the explosion of work in the neurosciences, each of the seven editions has included more neural details than the one before. Thus the time has come to revise the title to reflect the evolution of both the book and the field: Behavioral Neuroscience.
Behavioral Neuroscience, Eighth Edition, provides undergraduates with a lively survey of the field. It offers a broad perspective, encompassing cutting edge neuroscience, lucid descriptions of behavior, evolutionary and developmental perspectives, and clinical applications of research. Despite this comprehensive range of material, the authors have striven in the latest revision to lay bare the neuroscience concepts underlying behavior with concision and clarity.
– Learning is supported by a best-in-class full-color art program, including hundreds of original illustrations that make it easy to understand structures, mechanisms, and processes in the brain. Many additional graphical elements have been reproduced from primary research sources, bringing the learner closer to the science behind the subject matter.
– Every chapter includes a special feature called “The Cutting Edge” that highlights an up-to-the-moment discovery or technical innovation, while illustrating the logic and methodology of experimentation and hypothesis testing
– Each chapter ends with a unique feature, the “Visual Summary,” a poster-like layout that provides a graphical review of the major topics of the chapter and directs students to the figures and online animations that reinforce each point.
– The text is supported by a rich array of internet-based resources.
– Over 500 new citations keep the text current and an excellent resource.
Thorough and reader-friendly, Behavioral Neuroscience, Eighth Edition, reveals the fascinating relationships between the brain and behavior.
Chapter 1 Behavioral Neuroscience: Scope and Outlook
Chapter 2 Functional Neuroanatomy: The Nervous System and Behavior
Chapter 3 Neurophysiology: The Generation, Transmission, and Integration of Neural Signals
Chapter 4 The Chemistry of Behavior: Neurotransmitters and Neuropharmacology
Chapter 5 Hormones and the Brain
Chapter 6 Evolution of the Brain and Behavior
Chapter 7 Life-Span Development of the Brain and Behavior
Chapter 8 General Principles of Sensory Processingr Touch, and Pain
Chapter 9 Hearingr Vestibular Perception, Taster and Smell
Chapter 10 Vision: From Eye to Brain
Chapter 11 Motor Control and Plasticity
Chapter 12 Sex: Evolutionary, Hormonal, and Neural Bases
Chapter 13 Homeostasis: Active Regulation of the Internal Environment
Chapter 14 Biological Rhythmsr Sleep, and Dreaming
Chapter 15 Emotions, Aggression, and Stress
Chapter 16 Psychopathology: Biological Basis of Behavioral Disorders
Chapter 17 Learning and Memory
Chapter 18 Attention and Higher Cognition
Chapter 19 Language and Lateralization
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=89294
نویسنده : S. Marc Breedlove
ناشر : Oxford University Press; 8 edition
سال انتشار : 2017
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 815
(ISBN) شابک : 1605356425
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $125.99
حجم فایل : 120 MB