An ideal resource for both pediatricians and endocrinologists, Sperling’s Pediatric Endocrinology, 5th Edition, brings you fully up to date with accelerating research; new discoveries in metabolic, biochemical and molecular mechanisms; and the resulting advances in today’s clinical care. The editorial team of world-renowned pediatric endocrinologists led by Dr. Mark Sperling, as well as expert contributing authors, cover comprehensive and current aspects of both basic science and clinical practice. Whether you’re preparing for certification or have extensive clinical experience, this detailed, authoritative reference helps you increase your knowledge and determine the best possible course for every patient.
- Delivers trusted guidance in every area of the field: including Endocrine Disorders of the Newborn, Endocrine Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence, and Laboratory Tests.
- Features new topics such as transgender issues in children and adolescents and endocrinology of pregnancy, the fetus and the placenta.
- Offers expert coverage of hot topics such as disorders of sexual development, molecular basis of endocrine disorders, hypoglycemia in newborns and infants; neonatal and other monogenic forms of diabetes; Type I and Type II diabetes and their treatment with new insulins together with the progress in an artificial pancreas and new medications for T2DM in adolescents; the obesity epidemic and role of bariatric surgery; and advances toward personalized medicine.
- Includes easy-to-follow algorithms and numerous quick-reference tables and boxes in every clinical chapter, plus interactive questions online for self-assessment.
- Offers state-of-the-art information and fresh perspectives from new and award-winning authors in such areas as disorders of growth, multiple endocrine tumors, and puberty and its disorders in girls and boys.
Your authoritative guide for applying the latest treatments to provide the best care
Chapter 1: Overview and Principles of Pediatric Endocrinology
Chapter 2: Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrine Genetics, and Precision Medicine
Chapter 3: Receptor Transduction Pathways Mediating Hormone Action
Chapter 4: Endocrinology Laboratory Testing
Chapter 5: Fetal-Maternal Endocrinology and Parturition
Chapter 6: Ambiguous Genitalia
Chapter 7: Hypoglycemia in the Newborn and Infant
Chapter 8: Disorders of the Thyroid in the Newborn and Infant
Chapter 9: Disorders of Mineral Metabolism: Normal Homeostasis
Chapter 10: Monogenic Diabetes Mellitus: Neonatal Diabetes and Maturity-Onset Diabetes of the Young
Chapter 11: Disorders of Childhood Growth
Chapter 12: Disorders of the Posterior Pituitary
Chapter 13: Thyroid Disorders in Children and Adolescents
Chapter 14: The Adrenal Cortex and Its Disorders
Chapter 15: Pheochromocytoma/Paraganglioma, Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma, and Hereditary Endocrine Neoplasia Syndromes
Chapter 16: Puberty in the Female and Its Disorders
Chapter 17: Turner Syndrome
Chapter 18: Puberty and Its Disorders in the Male
Chapter 19: Care of Transgender/Gender Nonconforming Youth
Chapter 20: Disorders of Mineral MetabolismII. Abnormalities of Mineral Homeostasis in the Newborn,Infant, Child, and A …
Chapter 21: Diabetes Mellitus
Chapter 22: Autoimmune Polyglandular Syndromes
Chapter 23: Hypoglycemia in the Toddler and Child
Chapter 24: Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome and Disorders of Energy Balance
Chapter 25: Lipid Disorders in Children and Adolescents
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=187472
نویسنده : Mark A. Sperling MD
ناشر : Elsevier; 5th edition
سال انتشار : 2021
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 1075
(ISBN) شابک : 0323625207
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $132.98
حجم فایل : 91 MB