Known for its clear explanations of drug prototypes and how they work, Lehne’s Pharmacology for Nursing Care, 9th Edition provides a solid understanding of key drugs and their implications for nursing care. A perennial student favorite, this book simplifies complex concepts, using large and small print to distinguish need-to-know drug content from the material that’s merely nice to know. New to this edition are quick-reference summaries of prototype drugs, safety alerts, and a stronger QSEN focus. Written by noted nursing pharmacology instructors Jacqueline Burchum and Laura Rosenthal, this text helps you understand pharmacology as opposed to merely memorizing drug facts.
- UNIQUE! Engaging writing style with clear explanations makes difficult pharmacology concepts easy to grasp and even enjoyable to learn.
- Large print highlights essential, need-to-know information, and small print indicates nice-to-know information.
- A drug prototype approach focuses on one representative drug within each drug family that characterizes all members of its group, so that you can apply your understanding to related drugs currently on the market as well as drugs that will be released in the future.
- Nursing implications of drug therapy are integrated throughout the text and summarized at the end of chapters, demonstrating the vital relationship between drug therapy and nursing care.
- Reader-friendly features make learning easier with concise drug summary tables, chapter outlines, key points, and a visual guide to the prototype drugs in each class.
- Learning resources on an Evolve companion website include video clips, animations, case studies, and NCLEX® exam-style review questions.
- Coverage of dietary supplements and herbal remedies describes potential dangerous interactions between prescribed and over-the-counter drugs and dietary supplements.
- NEW! QSEN focus includes Patient-Centered Care Across the Life Span features highlighting safe and appropriate patient care during different phases of life.
- NEW Safety Alert features emphasize the QSEN competency relating to patient safety.
- NEW! Prototype Drugs features serve as a quick-reference aid to learning.
- NEW! Chapter outlines include page numbers to help you locate topics quickly.
- UPDATED Special Interest Topic boxes use engaging vignettes to focus on emerging and currently trending issues in pharmacology.
- NEW authors continue Dr. Lehne’s clear, unique writing style, with the same accuracy and state-of-the-science updates.
Unit I Introduction
Unit II Basic Principles of Pharmacology
Unit III Drug Therapy Across the Life Span
Unit IV Peripheral Nervous System Drugs
Unit V Central Nervous System Drugs
Unit VI Drugs that Affect Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
Unit VII Drugs that Affect the Heart, Blood Vessels, and Blood
Unit VIII Drugs for Endocrine Disorders
Unit IX Women’s Health
Unit X Men’s Health
Unit XI Antiinflammatory, Antiallergic, and Immunologic Drugs
Unit XII Drugs for Bone and Joint Disorders
Unit XIII Respiratory Tract Drugs
Unit XIV Gastrointestinal Drugs
Unit XV Nutrition
Unit XVI Chemotherapy of Infectious Diseases
Unit XVII Chemotherapy of Parasitic Diseases
Unit XVIII Cancer Chemotherapy
Unit XIX Miscellaneous Drugs and Therapies
Unit XX Toxicology
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=33908
نویسنده : Jacqueline Burchum , Laura Rosenthal DNP
ناشر : Saunders; 9 edition
سال انتشار : 2016
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 1427
(ISBN) شابک : 0323321909
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $109.25
حجم فایل : 40 MB