Berne and Levy Physiology has long been respected for its scientifically rigorous approach and now includes major updates to bring you all of the latest knowledge in the field. Bruce M. Koeppen and Bruce A. Stanton present a honed and shortened edition that emphasizes the core information needed by students of physiology today and features a full-color design and artwork to enhance readability and enrich your comprehension of every concept. With access to the full contents online at Student Consult, this time-honored book delivers an in-depth understanding of physiology more powerfully and effectively than ever before.
- Describes all of the mechanisms that control and regulate bodily function using a clear and intuitive organ system-based approach.
- Provides a rich understanding of the body’s dynamic processes through key experimental observations and examples.
- Includes Student Consult access to the complete and searchable contents of the book online, as well as relevant bonus content from other Student Consult titles, an image gallery, 10 physiology animations, and much more.
- Features updated coverage throughout to expand your understanding of the most current trends in physiology and medicine, including the latest cellular and molecular knowledge.
- Includes shaded boxes that highlight and explain important clinical and molecular information.
- Presents new section editors who ensure that you are getting the freshest, most clinically relevant information available today.
- Summarizes need-to-know information in each chapter with Key Points sections.
“This physiology textbook will continue to be one of the standards for medical education for the foreseeable future.”-The Physiologist, review of the previous edition
۱. Principles of Cell Function
۲. Homeostasis of Body Fluids
۳. Signal Transduction, Membrane Receptors, Second Messengers, and Regulation of Gene Expression
۴. The Nervous System: Introduction to Cells and Systems
۵. Generation and Conduction of Action Potentials
۶. Synaptic Transmission
۷. The Somatosensory System
۸. The Special Senses
۹. Organization of Motor Function
۱۰. Higher Functions of the Nervous System
۱۱. The Autonomic Nervous System and its Central Control
۱۲. Skeletal Muscle Physiology
۱۳. Cardiac Muscle
۱۴. Smooth Muscle
۱۵. Overview of Circulation
۱۶. Elements of Cardiac Function
۱۷. Properties of the Vasculature
۱۸. Regulation of the Heart and Vasculature
۱۹. Integrated Control of the Cardiovascular System
۲۰. Structure and Function of the Respiratory System
۲۱. Mechanical Properties of the Lung and Chest Wall: Static and Dynamic
۲۲. Ventilation (V), Perfusion (Q), and V/Q Relationships
۲۳. Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Transport
۲۴. Control of Respiration
۲۵. Nonrespiratory Functions of the Lung
۲۶. Functional Anatomy and General Principles of Regulation in the Gastrointestinal Tract
۲۷. The Cephalic, Oral, and Esophageal Phases of the Integrated Response to a Meal
۲۸. The Gastric Phase of the Integrated Response to a Meal
۲۹. The Small Intestinal Phase of the Integrated Response to a Meal
۳۰. The Colonic Phase of the Integrated Response to a Meal
۳۱. Transport and Metabolic Functions of the Liver
۳۲. Elements of Renal Function
۳۳. Solute and Water Transport along the Nephron: Tubular Function
۳۴. Control of Body Fluid Osmolality and Volume
۳۵. Potassium, Calcium, and Phosphate Homeostasis
۳۶. Role of the Kidneys in the Regulation of Acid-Base Balance
۳۷. Introduction to the Endocrine System
۳۸. Hormonal Regulation of Energy Metabolism
۳۹. Hormonal Regulation of Calcium and Phosphate Metabolism
۴۰. The Hypothalamus and Pituitary Gland
۴۱. The Thyroid Gland
۴۲. The Adrenal Glands
۴۳. The Male and Female Reproductive Systems
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=17421
نویسنده : Bruce M. Koeppen , Bruce A. Stanton
ناشر : Mosby; 6th edition
سال انتشار : 2010
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 849
(ISBN) شابک : 032307362X
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $99.16
حجم فایل : 406 MB