Fetal & Neonatal Physiology provides neonatologist fellows and physicians with the essential information they need to effectively diagnose, treat, and manage sick and premature infants. Fully comprehensive, this ۲-volume resource continues to serve as an excellent reference tool, focusing on the basic science needed for exam preparation and the key information required for full-time practice.
The 5th edition is the most substantially updated and revised edition ever. In the 5 years since the last edition published, there have been thousands of publications on various aspects of development of health and disease; Fetal and Neonatal Physiology synthesizes this knowledge into definitive guidance for today’s busy practitioner.
- Offers definitive guidance on how to effectively manage the many health problems seen in newborn and premature infants.
- Chapters devoted to clinical correlation help explain the implications of fetal and neonatal physiology.
- Allows you to apply the latest insights on genetic therapy, intrauterine infections, brain protection and neuroimaging, and much more.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Features a fantastic new ۴-color design with 1,000 illustrations, 170+ chapters, and over 350 contributors.
- ۱۶ new chapters cover such hot topics as Epigenetics; Placental Function in Intrauterine Growth Restriction; Regulation of Pulmonary Circulation; The Developing Microbiome of the Fetus and Newborn; Hereditary Contribution to Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia; Mechanistic Aspects of Phototherapy for Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia; Cerebellar Development; Pathophysiology of Neonatal Sepsis; Pathophysiology of Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn; Pathophysiology of Meconium Aspiration Syndrome; Pathophysiology of Ventilator Dependent Infants; Pathophysiology of Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury; Pathophysiology of Neonatal White Matter Injury; Pathophysiology of Meningitis; Pathophysiology of Preeclampsia; and Pathophysiology of Chorioamnionitis.
- New Pathophysiology of Neonatal Diseases section highlights every process associated with a disease or injury, all in one place.
- In-depth information, combined with end-of-chapter summaries, enables deep or quick use of the text.
By Richard A. Polin, MD, William T. Speck Professor of Pediatrics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University; Director, Division of Neonatology, Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York – Presbyterian, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York ; Steven H. Abman, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine; Director, Pediatric Heart Lung Center, Children’s Hospital Colorado, Denver, Colorado; David Rowitch, MD, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics and Neurosurgery, Chief, Division of Neonatology, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital San Francisco, San Francisco, California and William E. Benitz, MD, Philip Sunshine Professor in Neonatology, Chief, Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Director of Nurseries, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Palo Alto, California
Section I – Genetics and Embryology
Section II – Placenta and Intrauterine Environment
Section III – Developmental Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics
Section IV – Intrauterine and Postnatal Growth
Section VI – Lipid Metabolism
Section VII – Carbohydrate Metabolism
Section VIII – Protein Metabolism
Section IX – Thermoregulation
Section X – Skin
Section XI – Fetal and Neonatal Cardiovascular Physiology
Section XII – The Lung
Section XIII – Surfactant
Section XIV – Physiology of Gastrointestinal Tract in the Fetus and Neonate
Section XV – Liver and Bilirubin Metabolism
Section XVI – The Kidney
Section XVII – Fluid and Electrolyte Metabolism
Section XVIII – Developmental Hematopoiesis
Section XIX – Hemostasis
Section XX – Developmental Immunobiology
Section XXI – Neurology
Section XXII – Special Sensory Systems in the Fetus and Neonate
Section XXIII – Orthopedics
Section XXIV – Endocrine Function
Section XXV – Ovary and Testis
Section XXVI – Pathophysiology of Neonatal Diseases
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=46329
نویسنده : Richard A. Polin MD , Steven H. Abman MD
ناشر : Elsevier; 5 edition
سال انتشار : 2017
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 2360
(ISBN) شابک : 0323352146
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $324.89
حجم فایل : $324.89