Through six highly regarded editions, students and instructors alike have come to appreciate Dr. Linda Costanzo’s clear, helpful writing style, logical organization, and easy-to-follow presentation of a challenging and complex topic in medical education. Costanzo Physiology, 7th Edition, retains the step-by-step, to-the-point approach that makes this text ideal for coursework and USMLE preparation. Complex concepts are presented in a simple, easy-to-digest manner, and are accompanied by well-designed figures and tables that provide handy visuals for procedures or physiologic equations. Fully updated throughout, this edition remains the students’ choice for concise, clear instruction and a strong foundation in human physiology.
- Offers a comprehensive and consistent overview of core physiologic concepts at the organ system and cellular levels, making complex principles easy to understand.
- Presents information in a short, simple, and focused manner – the perfect presentation for success in coursework and on exams.
- Provides step-by-step explanations and easy-to-follow diagrams clearly depicting physiologic principles.
- Contains new coverage of SARS CoV-2 physiology, renal handling of uric acid, delta/delta analysis is acid-base physiology, endolymph physiology, respiratory distress syndrome, compensatory bronchiolar constriction, and more.
- Includes high-yield online features such as student FAQs with thorough explanations, animations, and video tutorials from Dr. Costanzo.
- Integrates equations and sample problems throughout the text.
- Features chapter summaries for quick overviews of important points, boxed Clinical Physiology Cases for a more thorough understanding of application, and end-of-chapter questions to reinforce understanding and retention.
۱ Cellular Physiology
۲ Autonomic Nervous System
۴ Cardiovascular Physiology
۵ Respiratory Physiology
۶ Renal Physiology
۷ Acid-Base Physiology
۸ Gastrointestinal Physiology
۹ Endocrine Physiology
۱۰ Reproductive Physiology
Appendix I Common Abbreviations and Symbols
Appendix II Normal Values and Constants
Challenge Yourself Answers
۴.۲۳ Left ventricular pressure-volume loop.
۴.۲۴A Increased preload: changes in the left ventricular pressure-volume loop.
۴.۲۴B Increased afterload: changes in the left ventricular pressure-volume loop.
۴.۲۴C Increased contractility: changes in the left ventricular pressure-volume loop.
۴.۳۲ Response of the baroreceptor reﬂux to acute hemorrhage.
۴.۳۳ Renin-angiotensin II-aldosterone system.
۵.۱۰ Compliance of the lungs, chest wall, and combined lung and chest-wall system.
۵.۱۸ Diffusion-limited and perfusion-limited gas exchange between alveolar air and pulmonary capillary blood.
۵.۲۸ Variation in ventilation/perfusion.
۶.۴۳ Mechanisms for production of hyperosmotic urine in the presence of antidiuretic hormone.
۶.۴۴ Mechanisms for production of hyposmotic urine in the absence of antidiuretic hormone.
The Cardiac Cycle
The Countercurrent Multiplier
The Cross-Bridge Cycle
The Menstrual Cycle
Mechanics of Pulmonary Ventilation
Chemical Synaptic Transmission
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=255468
نویسنده : Susan Mulroney PhD
ناشر : Elsevier; 7th edition
سال انتشار : 2022
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : MP4 + PDF (کیفیت اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 532 همراه با کانتنت و ایندکس
(ISBN) شابک : 0323793339
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $61.08
حجم فایل : 1000 MB