With a concise, focused review of orthodontic concepts and current clinical information, including diagnosis, treatment planning, and clinical treatment, MOSBY’S ORTHODONTIC REVIEW is the resource you need to achieve the best results for success on competency examinations as well as excellent clinical outcomes. From foundational concepts to more subjective areas of treatment planning and clinical treatment, this book includes a wealth of information from distinguished educators, recent graduates, and practicing professionals to help you prepare for the NBDE, Part II and the ABO written and clinical examinations. In addition, the companion CD-ROM includes six orthodontic cases written in the format required by the ABO for the Initial Clinical Examination to help familiarize you with the required ABO format.
“This book can be highly recommended; it is good value for money and gives a comprehensive overview of the subject. The publication is suitable for general dentist with an interest in orthodontics, postgraduate students of the subject as well as specialists.” Reviewed by: European Journal of Orthodontics March 2015
“..suitable for general dentist with an interest in orthodontics, postgraduate students of the subject as well as specialists.” Reviewed by Stephanie Oiknine on behalf of European Journal of Orthodontics, February 2015 ” … this volume for orthodontics is timely.” Reviewed by Dr. Niall McGuinness on behalf of Orthodontics, March 2015
- A practical review makes this book an excellent study tool for the NBDE Part II and the ABO certification exam, helps dentists in general practice and in consultations with orthodontists, and assists experienced orthodontists who wish to review for their recertification and keep up to date with advances in the field.
- Over 1,000 detailed illustrations ― most of them in full color ― provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, and key concepts, and include case study photos showing the progress of treatment from the patient’s initial exam to completion.
- Easy-to-read, question-answer format presents a question such as ‘What are the perceived disadvantages of early treatment?’ which is followed by a detailed answer describing key information.
- A case-based approach includes many patient scenarios and clinical case reports, reflecting content on the NBDE and ABO certification exams.
- NEW Appropriate Timing for Correction of Malocclusions chapter addresses craniofacial growth and development and dentitional development, helping select the proper timing of orthodontic treatment for different problems.
- NEWVertical Dimensions and Anterior Open Bite chapter covers the etiology, diagnosis and treatment of different types of vertical problems, with case studies varying in the cause and severity of the problems, and with individualized treatment plans based on the functional and skeletal requirements of each patient.
- NEW Three-Dimensional Update on Clinical Orthodontic Issues chapter addresses the key clinical issues answered with the use of digital models and cone beam CT (CBCT), which is becoming the standard for the investigation of the maxillofacial structures in all three dimensions of the space ― especially in orthodontics and maxillofacial surgery.
- NEW editor Dr. Sercan Akyalcin brings expertise as an award-winning educator and well-respected reviewer for orthodontics journals.
“The book is beautifully illustrated with numerous colour photographs and diagrams. A comprehensive and up to date list of references is provided at the end of each chapter, which allows the reader to source the original relevant literature. In summary this book can be highly recommended; it is good value for money and gives a comprehensive overview of the subject. The publication is suitable for general dentist with an interest in orthodontics, postgraduate students of the subject as well as specialists.” Reviewed by Stephanie Oiknine on behalf of European Journal of Orthodontics, February 2015
Chapter 1: Craniofacial Growth and Development
Chapter 2: Development of the Occlusion
Chapter 3: Appropriate Timing for Correction of Malocclusions
Chapter 4: Orthodontic Records and Case Evaluation
Chapter 5: Three-Dimensional Imaging in Orthodontics
Chapter 6: Diagnosis of Orthodontic Problems
Chapter 7: Orthodontic Appliances
Chapter 8: Biomechanics in Orthodontics
Chapter 9: Treatment Planning
Chapter 10: Treatment Tactics for Problems Related to Dentofacial Discrepancies in Three Planes of Space
Chapter 11: PhaseI: Early Treatment
Chapter 12: The Invisalign System
Chapter 13: Treatment of Class II Malocclusions
Chapter 14. Class III Correctors
Chapter 15: Minor Tooth Movement
Chapter 16: Phase II: Nonsurgical Adolescent and Adult Cases
Chapter 17: Adult Interdisciplinary Orthodontic Treatment
Chapter 18. Skeletal Anchorage in Orthodontics
Chapter 19: Vertical Dimension and Anterior Open Bite
Chapter 20: Oral Hygiene: Possible Problems and Complications
Chapter 21: Orthodontics and Craniofacial Deformities
Chapter 22: Temporomandibular Disorders
Chapter 23: Retention and Relapse in Orthodontics
Chapter 24: Soft Tissue Diode Laser Surgery in Orthodontics
Chapter 25: Secrets in Computer-Aided Surgical Simulation for Complex Craniomaxillofacial Surgery
Chapter 26: Three-Dimensional Update on Clinical Orthodontic Issues
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=74523
نویسنده : Jeryl D. English DDS , Sercan Akyalcin D.D.S. M.S. Ph.D.
ناشر : Mosby; 2 edition
سال انتشار : 2015
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 369
(ISBN) شابک : 0323186963
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $111.36
حجم فایل : $111.36