Selected as a Doody’s Core Title for 2021!
Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Praised by faculty and students for more than two decades, Lippincott® Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry is the long-established go-to resource for mastering the essentials of biochemistry. This best-selling text helps students quickly review, assimilate, and integrate large amounts of critical and complex information, with unparalleled illustrations that bring concepts to life.
Like other titles in the popular Lippincott® Illustrated Review Series, this text follows an intuitive outline organization and boasts a wealth of study aids that clarify challenging information and strengthen retention and understanding. This updated and revised edition emphasizes clinical application and features new exercises, questions, and accompanying digital resources to ready students for success on exams and beyond.
- NEW! Clinical Application boxes train students to confidently apply biochemistry in clinical scenarios.
- NEW! Cross-references to other Lippincott® Illustrated Reviews titles help students grasp how biochemical concepts relate to other basic sciences.
- UPDATED! Vibrant illustrations and detailed tables clarify complex biochemical concepts.
- NEW and UPDATED! Study Questions and Answers for each chapter test students’ retention and strengthen their test-taking confidence.
- UPDATED! Integrative Case Studies with Review Questions familiarize students with commonly encountered clinical scenarios and alert them to potential widespread implications of presenting issues.
- NEW! Animations enhance students’ understanding of biochemical concepts and processes with vivid detail and accuracy.
Chapter 1: Amino Acids and the Role of pH
Chapter 2: Protein Structure
Chapter 3: Globular Proteins
Chapter 4: Fibrous Proteins
Chapter 5: Enzymes
Chapter 6: Bioenergetics and Oxidative Phosphorylation
Chapter 7: Introduction to Carbohydrates
Chapter 8: Introduction to Metabolism and Glycolysis
Chapter 9: Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle and Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Complex
Chapter 10: Gluconeogenesis
Chapter 11: Glycogen Metabolism
Chapter 12: Monosaccharide and Disaccharide Metabolism
Chapter 13: Pentose Phosphate Pathway and Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate
Chapter 14: Glycosaminoglycans, Proteoglycans, and Glycoproteins
Chapter 15: Dietary Lipid Metabolism
Chapter 16: Fatty Acid, Triacylglycerol, and Ketone Body Metabolism
Chapter 17: Phospholipid, Glycosphingolipid, and Eicosanoid Metabolism
Chapter 18: Cholesterol, Lipoprotein, and Steroid Metabolism
Chapter 20: Amino Acids: Degradation and Synthesis
Chapter 21: Amino Acids: Conversion to Specialized Products
Chapter 22: Nucleotide Metabolism
Chapter 23: Metabolic Effects of Insulin and Glucagon
Chapter 24: The Feed–Fast Cycle
Chapter 25: Diabetes Mellitus
Chapter 26: Obesity
Chapter 27: Nutrition: Overview and Macronutrients
Chapter 28: Micronutrients: Vitamins
Chapter 29: Micronutrients: Minerals
Chapter 30: DNA Structure, Replication, and Repair
Chapter 31: RNA Structure, Synthesis, and Processing
Chapter 32: Protein Synthesis
Chapter 33: Regulation of Gene Expression
Chapter 34: Biotechnology and Human Disease
Chapter 35: Blood Clotting
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=213070
نویسنده : Emine E. Abali
ناشر : LWW; Eighth, North American edition
سال انتشار : 2021
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه تبدیلی) + ePUB
تعداد صفحات : 1506
(ISBN) شابک : 1975155068
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $73.79
حجم فایل : 160 MB