Enhanced by a new chapter, new illustrations, and new Q&As, Lippincott ® Illustrated Reviews: Physiology, Second Edition brings physiology clearly into focus, telling the story of who we are; how we live; and, ultimately, how we die. By first identifying organ function and then showing how cells and tissues are designed to fulfill that function, this resource decodes physiology like no other text or review book. Tailored for ease of use and fast content absorption, the book’s outline format, visionary artwork, clinical applications, and unit review questions help students master the most essential concepts in physiology, making it perfect for classroom learning and test and boards preparation.
- A new chapter on erythropoiesis and blood gas transport provides critical information on this key topic.
- New content on the impact of normal aging on organ function brings the book thoroughly up to date.
- Review questions with explanations for each system help prepare students for course and board examinations.
- More than 600 annotated, full-color illustrations—including more than 20 new to this edition—guide readers step by step through complex processes.
- Overviews and Chapter Summaries set clear goals for topic mastery and reemphasize essential concepts in a coherent framework.
- Clinical Applications boxes and clinical images encourage readers to apply their knowledge, taking them from the classroom to the bedside.
- Margin Example Equation boxes and in-text boxes highlight memorable information and keep physiology in a real-world context.
- Five online animations explain complex concepts in a memorable way.
- A consistent outline format makes critical information easy to access and assimilate.
- Cross references and Infolinks to topics are keyed to page headers to expedite location and are also provided for topics in other books in the Lippincott ® Illustrated Reviews series to help students develop an interdisciplinary grasp of key concepts.
- Unit-review questions in board-review style test understanding of fundamental concepts as well as the students’ ability to draw connections among multiple organ systems.
Chapter 1 Cell and Membrane Physiology
Chapter 2 Membrane ExcitabiItty
Chapter 3 Osmosis and Body Fluids
Chapter 4 Epithelial and Connective Tissue
Chapter 5 Nervous System Organization
Chapter 6 Central Nervous System
Chapter 7 Autonomic Nervous System
Chapter 8 Vision
Chapter 9 Hearing and Balance
Chapter 10 Taste and Smell
Chapter 11 Motor Control Systems
Chapter 12 Skeletal Muscle
Chapter 13 Smooth Muscle
Chapter 14 Bone
Chapter 15 Skin
Chapter 16 Cardiac Excitation
Chapter 17 Cardiac Mechanics
Chapter 18 Blood and the Vasculature
Chapter 19 Cardiovascular Regulation
Chapter 20 Special Circulations
Chapter 21 Lung Mechanics
Chapter 22 Gas Exchange
Chapter 23 Blood and Gas Transport
Chapter 24 Respiratory Regulation
Chapter 25 Filtration and Micturition
Chapter 26 Reabsorption and Secretion
Chapter 27 Urine Formation
Chapter 28 Water and Electrolyte Balance
Chapter 29 Principles and Signaling
Chapter 30 Mouth, Esophagusr and Stomach
Chapter 31 Small and Large Intestines
Chapter 32 Exocrine Pancreas and Liver
Chapter 33 Endocrine Pancreas and Liver
Chapter 34 Adrenal Glands
Chapter 35 Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
Chapter 36 Male and Female Gonads
Chapter 37 Pregnancy and Birth
Chapter 38 Thermal Stress and Fever
Chapter 39 Exercise and Bed Rest
Chapter 40 Systems Failure
Appendix A. Normal Physiologic Values
Appendix B. Reference Equations
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=140961
نویسنده : Robin R. Preston PhD , Thad E. Wilson PhD
ناشر : LWW; Second, North American edition
سال انتشار : 2019
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF
تعداد صفحات : 566
(ISBN) شابک : 1496385829
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $55.62
حجم فایل : 350 MB