Written by neurosurgery residents for neurosurgery residents and other providers, The Neurosurgical Consult Book focuses on the initial care and treatment of the neurosurgical consult patient, providing the key guidance you need when quick clinical management decisions are critical. You will learn to recognize the acuity of patient presentation and determine how to immediately triage the needs of the patient at an appropriate level of care. This portable, practical guide helps you quickly steer neurosurgical patients to medical stability and safety until a definitive treatment plan is implemented.
- Features a real-life approach, based on actual consults, with chapters titled by the symptoms and clinical presentation of the patient, not by neurosurgical diagnosis.
- Begins each chapter with the actual consult notification from the consulting team, mimicking how the neurosurgery provider is notified about a new patient in practice.
- Presents initial imaging as it occurs in real life―whether imaging has already been done or whether the consulting physician needs guidance on what imaging is needed.
- Includes “Walking Thoughts”, guidance on how to tailor your thoughts toward the most important and pressing issues facing the patients before even meeting them, so that upon evaluation, the most important questions are asked first.
- Covers the most essential neurosurgical grading scales, key physical exam findings, the systematic thought process behind triage management, and learning points to remember when seeing a particular type of neurosurgical patient.
- Summarizes evidence-based standards of care and key literature.
- Stepwise video demonstration of the most common emergent bedside procedures.
- An excellent learning tool for neurosurgery residents as well as neurosurgery fellows, neurology residents, emergency room providers, neurocritical care providers, registered nurses, clinical fellows, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, medical students, and nursing students.
Essential knowledge for mastering the triage, initial management, and treatment of the neurosurgical patient.
VIII Postoperative Complications
Video 77.1: Procedural steps of a shunt tap.
Video 78.1: Procedural steps of inserting an ICP monitor.
Video 79.1: Procedural steps ofinserting an EVD.
Video 80.1: Procedural steps of a lumbar puncture or lumbar drain placement.
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=360952
نویسنده : Risheng Xu
ناشر : Elsevier; 1st edition
سال انتشار : 2023
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : MP4 + PDF (کیفیت اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 427
(ISBN) شابک : 032375614X
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $146.99
حجم فایل : -