The Medical Interview by Drs. Steven A. Cole and Julian Bird equips you to communicate effectively with your patients so you can provide optimal care! This best-selling, widely adopted resource presents a practical, systematic approach to honing your basic interviewing skills and managing common challenging communicating situations. Its Three-Function Approach – “Build the Relationship,” “Assess and Understand,” and Collaborative Management” offers straightforward tasks, behaviors, and skills that can be easily mastered, making this an ideal learning tool for beginners and a valuable reference for experienced healthcare professionals.
- Effectively meet a full range of communication challenges including language and cultural barriers, sexual issues, elderly patients, breaking bad news, and non-adherence.
- Easily apply proven techniques with help from supportive case examples and actual interview questions.
- Get the skills you need now with new chapters covering advanced topics and applications including “Presentation and Documentation,” nonverbal communication, using psychological principles in medical practice, and integrating structure and function.
- Quickly review information with summary tables, boxes and bulleted lists.
- Get access on the go with the fully searchable text online at Student Consult, including cost-free access to a specially customized, interactive web-based Module on Brief Action Planning (BAP), a key component of the web-based, interactive Comprehensive Motivational Interventions (CMI)™ e-learning platform.
“The three function model is a profound bedrock to provide footing for a medical communication course. It is simple at its most basic level and applicable to any discipline or subspecialty a young trainee would decide to pursue. Thus, it is widely applicable to medical school educators…the model is equally applicable to graduate and post graduate level educators and clinicians who want to advance their skills. There are few medical texts out there that can have such wide appeal and effectiveness. I would wholeheartedly recommend this book to any medical educator who has a need to both learn and teach patient-physician communication.”
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=360282
نویسنده : Steven A. Cole
ناشر : Saunders; 3rd edition
سال انتشار : 2014
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : PDF (نسخه اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 341
(ISBN) شابک : 9780323052214
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $25.77
حجم فایل : 6 MB