This classic textbook aims to assist clinicians develop the consultation skills required to elicit a clear history, and the practical skills needed to detect clinical signs of disease. Where possible, the physical basis of clinical signs is explained to aid understanding. Formulation of a differential diagnosis from the information gained is introduced, and the logical initial investigations are included for each system.
- The first part of the book addresses the general principles of good interaction with patients, from the basics of taking a history and examining, to the use of pattern recognition to identify spot diagnoses.
- The second part documents the relevant history, examination and investigations for all the major body systems.
- The third part illustrates the application of these skills to specific clinical situations.
- The final part covers preparation for assessments of clinical skills and the use of these skills in everyday practice.
- The book has accompanying videos demonstrating many of the key clinical examination routines as set out in the book.
- A new editorial team has undertaken a substantial review of the book’s contents and with the help of many new authors has radically revised the order and approach of the text.
- Several new chapters have been created including a chapter on patients with mental disorders; a chapter covering the approach to a deteriorating patient; a chapter on assessment of patients towards the end of life and two new chapters on applying the key clinical skills during assessments and in practice.
- The structure of the text has been rationalised with careful use of boxes, tables and figures to set out the concepts for maximum clarity.
۱ Managing clinical encounters with patients
۲ General aspects of history taking
۳ General aspects of examination
۴ The cardiovascular system
۵ The respiratory system
۶ The gastrointestinal system
۷ The nervous system
۸ The visual system
۹ The earr nose and throat
۱۰ The endocrine system
۱۱ The reproductive system
۱۲ The renal system
۱۳ The musculoskeletal system
۱۴ The skinr hair and nails
۱۵ Babies and children
۱۶ The patient with mental disorder
۱۷ The frail elderly patient
۱۸ The deteriorating patient
۱۹ The dying patient
۲۰ Preparing for assessment
۲۱ Preparing for practice
۱. Examination of the cardiovascular system.mp4
۲. Measurement of blood pressure.mp4
۳. Examination of the optic (II), oculomotor (III), trochlear (IV)
۴. Examination of the facial (VII) nerve.mp4
۵. Examination of the cranial (IX, X, XI and XII) nerves.mp4
۶. Examination of the trigeminal (V) nerve.mp4
۷. Examination of the vestibulocochlear (VIII) nerve.mp4
۸. Examination of the motor and sensory systems of the hand
۹. Examination of the motor system of the upper Iimbs.mp4
۱۰. Examination of the sensory system of the upper Iimbs.mp4
۱۱. Examination of the motor system of the lower Iimbs.mp4
۱۲. Examination of the sensory system of the lower Iimbs.mp4
۱۳. Examining for meningeal irritation.mp4
۱۴. Examination of speech.mp4
۱۵. Examination of the cervical spine.mp4
۱۶. Examination of the thoracic and lumbar spine.mp4
۱۷. GALS examination.mp4
۱۸. Examination of the hand.mp4
۱۹. Examination of the hip.mp4
۲۰. Examination of the knee.mp4
۲۱. Examination of the shoulder.mp4
۲۲. Examination of the gastrointestinal system.mp4
۲۳. Examination of the respiratory system.mp4
۲۴. Examination of the ear.mp4
۲۵. Examination of the thyroid gland.mp4
۲۶. Using the Glasgow Coma Scale.mp4
۲۷. Clinical demonstration of Glasgow Coma Scale Scenarios
لینک کوتاه : https://bookbaz.ir/?p=240228
نویسنده : J. Alastair Innes BSc PhD FRCP
ناشر : Elsevier; 14 edition
سال انتشار : 2018
زبان کتاب : انگلیسی
نوع فایل : MP4 + PDF (کیفیت اصلی)
تعداد صفحات : 402
(ISBN) شابک : 0702069930
قیمت کتاب درآمازون : $75.09
حجم فایل : 1100 MB